• Register Today It's free!

How may Miles on you 2011

Mustangman66

Reaction score
City, State
Tolland CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 4dr Explorer, v6
Hey i think we should get a log going of the number of miles on your new X, any issues you've run into so far, and a count of the number of times you've had to reset the Sync system... lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

November build.
February purchase.
6,000 miles and counting.
No problems.
No manual resets, Sync has done a few automatically.

1400 Miles since Mar 12th Pickup....
Minor issues like MFT changing the clock (but then it changes itself back), Goo on my windows that I can't seem to make go away, the A-pillar rattle happened once for about 2 minuites, and when it drops below freezing, my speakers pop. I just have it all on my list, so when I take it to have the autostart installed, they can fix everything at once.....I still love Dora D Explorer:) She made it through her first Opening Day with flying colors!

820 miles.
No problems, no sync reset.
19.9 MPG average.

Mar. 4 Delivery
785 miles
19.5 mpg average (mostly city)
No problems so far, sync (v.2.4) & MFT have been great w/ my iPhone4

Mar. 21 Delivery
380km's
15.2L per 100km's mostly city driving
Sync locked up and crashed once but did reset itself, as well the clock has to be reset every few days it changes by an hour or 2. Sync works with my Iphone 4 great as well but jesus she does not understand a thing I say, I have to say two four instead of twenty Four or she never gets the channel right!

Picked up beginning of februray, just over 3500 miles.

a few issues that will be looked at tomorrow
front pillar rattle,
rear hatch alignment
speakers pop when ignition is turned on.
no issues with mft v2.4, with iphone 4,
the black vinyl on the drivers door pillar is peeling off.
and a clunk when stopping

2750 miles - mid-Feb build and early March delivery
A-Pillar rattle in severe crosswinds
MFT clock time error from time to time. Often corrects itself before I do it
Album Art on MP3's displays infrequently (right now it's there! - woohoo!)
Light clunk when driving forward after backing up
MFT long "indexing" times, but eventually settles down
MFT is spotty for understanding voice commands
MFT works fine with iPhone 4, just not all functions supported

Picked up March 14th.
1300kms, approx 65/35 Hwy/City (approx. 25mpg)
Averaging 11.4L/100kms on current tank.
Nav acted up once early on but reset itself.
Have sensing wipers set on auto and every now and then they will wipe once. Had it happen 3 times yesterday on a 1/2 hour drive in clear sunny weather. Keeping the dust off??;)

peterk, check in your mft settings "courtesy wipe" if you disable that, it should solve your problem.

peterk, check in your mft settings "courtesy wipe" if you disable that, it should solve your problem.
It is already set to OFF. Not a big problem. If it gets annoying I'll take it off auto. For now at least, it does keep the dust off!

Jan 4 Build Date Feb 12th took it home. 6500 km 12.7 litres/100km

No problems with MFT works like a charm. No lag at all.

No problems with rain sensing wipers. Do get the odd courtesy wipe. Doesn't bother me.

Had the A pillar rattle once, ( which apprarently isn't the A pillar ( Quote from someone on the site: "but vibration from air disturbance over the plastic fairing that borders and frames the windshield. Cross winds have a tendency to push under the fairing and cause it to vibrate/hum"). Dealer is fixing it tomorrow.

BLIS has saved my back end from getting crunched twice while backing out of a parking spot at the mall.

Small garage doors, so I use the folding mirrors all the time. Also use the heated mirrors as I live in New Brunswick.

Yadda Yadda Yadda. Love my Explorer. Cheers

4400 miles, built end Feb/mid March delivery.
25mpg highway
Window streaks
Occasional belt whine when shutting the engine off
No major issues with MFT, other than a few minor quirks
No A pillar rattle
Still love it - super quiet ride, comfortable, and looks great.

Hi guys,

I can see why you would want to get these issues resolved, and I would like to reach out to assist and escalate this. So I can help, please send me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name.

Cory

5000 miles
-averaging 20mpg city/freeway split
-MFT has had two visible reboots after freezing, but it did so on its own and didn't require fuse pulling or master reset. (v2.4).
-Window Streaks are prevalent
-Fog lamp cracked less than 1 week from purchase (could have been cracked before purchase for all I know), Ford says not covered (understandably), quotes $250 to replace (unreasonable in my opinion).

Overall I love the vehicle, so far I'm not impressed with the service.

7800 miles, 23.5mpg - had it for just over 2 months. The MFT has had two visible reboots. We have streaks on our windows, and the front spoiler comes unclipped every couple of weeks- I guess from hitting some too-high parking curbs? We love the vehicle, but the MFT really takes some patience.

The streaks are driving me BONKERS!!!!

Picked up our new explorer on May 2nd; lady crashed into us on May 6th. Car's been in the shop ever since. I'm curious about the window streaking...any more details on that?

850 Miles, March 17 build, April 14 delivery

Windshild wipers/washers quit working except on "fast" setting (going to dealer this week)

No A pillar noise despite intense windy conditions

MFT had rebooted twice without indident. Phone sometimes doesn't connect automatically, I have to press the "connect phone" button but usually it connects by itself. The GPS sometimes takes a while to kick in but eventally always does.

oil level 1/3 low but now is stable with no further loss

Never had window streaking

17.5 mpg average, mostly in town driving; high tank with stong tailwind 25, low 14 in town first tank

My wife is afraid of MFT so hasn't driven it yet, She rebels against tech so she'll have to be brought along!

Generally runs great, rides great, looks great so I'm happy!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

March 18th delivery, currently about 3,700 miles, first oil changed done at 3,000 miles. Overall great, only issue is that the rear hatch does not always close shut at the first attempt. MFT sometime slow (V 2.7)

Back