How To: AVM Hub Conversion, 2006 Ranger | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How To: AVM Hub Conversion, 2006 Ranger

You use the retaining ring to secure the axle. Reach behind the bearing/hub and pull the axle out and against the back of the hub and use a screwdriver or punch or something similar to work the retainer ring down into it's recess until it clicks in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no, I mean it literally wont go that far in, it is like it is a press fit

It should go in. It may be tight, but it might take some persuasion. Did you install the seals on the back of the hubs? They could be fighting you. I had to smear some grease on that seal to get it to cooperate.

I took it apart and compared shafts, the left shaft from empi is defective, its a bearing surface so I cannot modify it
I'll have to find a replacement

That's not good. Let us know how it goes.

got a replacement from orielly and it fit like a glove. now to figure out how to return this defective unit

Glad it worked out.:chug:

I haven't seen anyone say if they used the O rings for the Vacuum hubs with the manual hubs.

I would think it would help seal out dirt and water. Maybe not the O ring on the inside (big end) of the hub but the little one that goes under the Vacuum hub is the one I am talking about.

Back