how to hook up 2 head units? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how to hook up 2 head units?

mechanic021

Reaction score
What all would be involved and what would I need wiring wise to install and hook up 2 aftermarket head units in a car?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would run the line out of one into the aux in of the other. Then run the amp, etc out of that one.
Turn to the aux input to listen to the first unit.
Wiring should be easy enough. power, ant (if needed), ACC power, Ground. No need to run speakers since they will be coming out of the other unit.
Hardest part will prolly be mounting the thing, but I suspect you already have an idea for that.

Why two HUs?

yea i'm not getting what the point is?

good call...it was early i wasn't thinking

If it's a DVD player, then you should be able to just plug it in the main HU, providing the HU can handle a DVD player.

the reason why I asked is because I have a in dash kvt715dvd dvd player with screen that I hardly ever use. So if I cant sell it for what I need out of it I thougth about getting just a cheap cd player that will meet my needs and just make the dvd head unit something I can hook up for when I wanna use it. I know some might think this is dumb but I woldnt want the dvd player just sitting in my closet colecting dust. My main thing I dont like about the head unit is having to open the screen just to see the radio stations and crap and I dont live in the best place so security is an issue (yes I have an alarm).

Back