How to hook up the remote turn on wire | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to hook up the remote turn on wire

Cartman

Reaction score
City, State
Waterloo, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport
I tried the search function but couldn't find anything.

On the back of my head unit (Pioneer DEH 330) I couldn't see anything to hook up the remote turn on wire to, there was nothing labelled as remote turn on or power antenna. So what am I looking for on the HU, if anyone has pictures of what to look for it would be great.

As an aside the amp I got is a MTX 4250D - it is supposed to be 250 watts at 12.5V, its really 338 watts at 12.5V according to the birth sheet. SWEEEEET!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a solid blue or a blue/white wire off the radio not connected to anything?

Robb

There was a blue wire that was part of a bundle of about 10 wires coming off the head unit, is this the one I want to splice into.

I thought there would be a jack or something, that's what I was looking for.

From memory (it's been awhile)

From HU, you should have had:
-pair of whites
-pair of grays
-pair of greens
-pair of purples
-single red
-single black
-single yellow
-single orange (possibly)
-single blue

If this is what you have, the blue is going to be a 12V out.

Robb

Yep, it should be the blue or blue & white one, just butt splice your remote wire to it.

Blue is remote for the amp, as far as antenna, that should look somewhat like a 3/4" jack on the back of the HU

There is no jack to hook up the remote wire to. You just have to use a 3-way splitter and connect your remote wire to the blue or blue and white wire going into the head unit.

Back