How to lift a 1996 explorer xlt v8 awd,anyone know?????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to lift a 1996 explorer xlt v8 awd,anyone know??????

bigrigwrecker

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer V8 AWD
Have my 1996 explorer xlt v8 awd got it 3 yrs. Ago with 30,000 miles from an old lady who's son died before he could really enjoy it and its my baby but I'm going nuts trying to figure out if its possible to lift a 96 with AWD.. looking to get atleast a 2inch lift .. 4 inch would be the **** though. Anyone know of a lift kit to bolt on or kit to modify or tips on how to jimmy rig one myself would be cool.. let me now..

Have my 1996 explorer xlt v8 awd got it 3 yrs. Ago with 30,000 miles from an old lady who's son died before he could really enjoy it and its my baby but I'm going nuts trying to figure out if its possible to lift a 96 with AWD.. looking to get atleast a 2inch lift .. 4 inch would be the **** though. Anyone know of a lift kit to bolt on or kit to modify or tips on how to jimmy rig one myself would be cool.. let me now..

Sadly only way to get 2" in the front is a torsion twist, which is free' more than that honestly I would say ditch the t bars and go into a foil over, anything for the front is expensive. Rear you can easily get blocks or shackles for cheap, or spend a lot more and get whole new deaver springs for about 700. With that done youll be able fit 31x10.50 tires no problem. I know this is a few months old but hope it helps anyway.

Back