How to mount a front license plate frame | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to mount a front license plate frame

cali201

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
My 2015 does not have a front license plate frame and I want to mount something using the frame. How do I mount one? There are no holes or anything on the front to indicate where it might mount? I do want it to be strong as I am going to mount a small light bar that is made to utilize the the plate frame of a vehicle. Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim. I thought at one time I saw 2 small indents in the bumper as a location for the mounting hardware. Unfortunately I can't recall if it was on an Explorer. All vehicles here come with the frame already attached. Being on the bumper, is there no concern about damage to the light bar in that location?

Peter

thanks. I know I have to get the frame as listed above but as I do not see any indication of where to drill. Is there a way to figure that out or is it all solid metal behind the cover? Maybe I should stop at the dealer and inquire. This is what I want to mount on the front, I have this set up on my 2 Mercedes SUVs, I live in the N. Georgia mountains and gets quite dark up here and very hilly, so the more light the better. ...And on a side note: Because I have these 2 Mercedes SUVs my 2015 Explorer, which is 3 years and 2 months old yesterday, only has 8500 miles on her!!
Tmy7YhG.png

3bVJGqK.png

Back