• Register Today It's free!

How to open glass lift gate?

yabismal13

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey everyone,

I know this is a really silly question, but how do you open the glass lift gate on an '02 explorer? I always thought that it couldn't open separately on mine, by when I was at the car wash, they opened it somehow. When I asked them how, they said they didn't know. I think it may have been a language barrier. Someone please get back at me. Would help me a lot with my move to the new apartment.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got it! I found the rubber button to the right of the handle

I had my truck for about 8 months before a guy at the ford dealership showed me where it was lol

Hey everyone,

I know this is a really silly question, but how do you open the glass lift gate on an '02 explorer?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There should be a "button"> (little picture of an open tailgate window) on your key chain remote that will pop open your rear tailgate window as well as the hidden button by the tailgate handle.

I had mine for a while before I figured it out. I stumbled on it when I was changing the license plate light. :D

...also... If you have the numeric keyless entry, after entering your code, press the 5/6 button and the window will unlatch.

Art

I stumbled on it when I was changing the license plate light. :D
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I had to change the license plate lights bulbs as well. One of the old ones was burned out, but I changed both anyhow. Back to the Bruins logo I see BR! I see "Giselle B" :mad: wasn't too happy after the superbowl and the dropped passes from her hubby. Nothing like an angry Supermodel at the Superbowl! :D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I had to change the license plate lights bulbs as well. One of the old ones was burned out, but I changed both anyhow. Back to the Bruins logo I see BR! I see "Giselle B" :mad: wasn't too happy after the superbowl and the dropped passes from her hubby. Nothing like an angry Supermodel at the Superbowl! :D

I would have gone to it regardless of the outcome. The B's didn't do well against the Sabres the other night. :(

I would have gone to it regardless of the outcome.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I figured as much, since the football season was over anyhow.

>>>>>>>>>The B's didn't do well against the Sabres the other night. :>>>>>>>>>

Suprisingly no, 6-0! Shocked the hell out of me! Your B's won most of the fights though. I'm unable to watch the Sabre games for a while till Time Warner cable and the MSG network that carries the Sabre games for TV, quit their pissing match over channel pricing. MSG dropped the signal to Time Warner and wants a bigger rate for their channels and Time Warner doesn't want to pay that much. I could switch back to Verizon Fios, but my cable bill will go up and I don't want that right now. I can watch the Sabres games thru my computer at a web site that carries sports programs, but it's not the same.

I can understand that if someone bought an Explorer used they may not know where the button is to open the rear glass. My salesperson would not let me leave before showing me where the button was when I bought my Explorer brand new in 2002. Kudos to New Holland Ford in New Holland Pa. I still have my Explorer and after 106,000 miles she is still going strong.

Back