how to remove rivet attatched to glass | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how to remove rivet attatched to glass

tonydp

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer
I am ready to replace the driver rear window regulator but the glass is attatched via rivet. how do i get it off? I have do direct access to drill it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haven't looked at the rear windows, but there is no need to remove the rivets in the front ones, I didn't remove rivets when I took mine off.
Read the how to, it was made using a front window as an example, but might apply to the rear ones as well, good luck

nevermind, it drilled out. Dorman replacement part was dead easy to fix. Minus the rivet about 10 min install

cool, you should have taken pics and written a how to :)

nevermind, it drilled out. Dorman replacement part was dead easy to fix. Minus the rivet about 10 min install

Hey how long did it take?

Where did you order the regulator?

How much...mine been broke for 2 years now...Im bout to fix it anyday now...lol

Hey how long did it take?

total about 40 minutes

Where did you order the regulator?

you can get them from rockauto, i got mine froma local shop off the Dorman site... I'm in Canada :chug:

How much...mine been broke for 2 years now...Im bout to fix it anyday now...lol

Local cost was $120 vs $225 dealer. Rockauto is $90 shipped.

The speaker needs to come out. That's where you pull out the old and enter the new. I drilled the rivet on an angle from severla different point until it looked weak enough to pry with a screwdriver. I attatched the drilled out point with a new bolt, washer and nut.

This is the forth regulator i've done now, 3 on my lincoln LS :mad:

BTW I have an 02 XLT

Back