How To: Replace a vacuum modulator on an A4LD through the access panel (center hump). | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How To: Replace a vacuum modulator on an A4LD through the access panel (center hump).

i rebuilt my 91 a4ld valve body with transgo kit and put anew modulator . my trans up=shifts great thru all the gears, but i had no reverse before or after could it be i need to adjust the modulator? and what is the proper way to adjust it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have to change my modulator and im worried transmission might not run right. any suggestions?

time to revive a dead and buried thread...
Really need to replace the modulator on my truck and hope it fixes the problem so I don't have to tear into the valve body. My question, does anyone know if there is an axcess panel on rangers as old as 88?

No panel, and if there is the carpet is one big piece from front to back. Just didn't feel like cutting into the carpet, so I replaced it from underneath. Problem is I got so involved in the process of getting the modulator out and replaced i forgot about the minor detail of the pin. I think its lost, and there is no longer a pin in the transmission. Any chance that anyone knows where I can get one?

I appear to have transmission fluid in my vacuum lines, is the modulator the only possible cause of this?

Also, about to drop the pan to change the filter and fluid, anything else that I should do while I am in there?

The type of modulator is preference since both of them do the same thing. You could get the regular one. Check the torque of the valve body bolts, condition of the Z link, and the opening in the manual side valve for wear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back