How to "Sportify"/black out my non sport explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to "Sportify"/black out my non sport explorer?

jhu8

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer ST
So I love my 17 limited but I do wish I had the look of the sport. I was wondering if anyone knows of any accessories to black out the chrome found on the explorer? I found handles and vinyl trim for the chrome on the lift gate but I can't find anything for the chrome covering the bottom of the doors or the chrome that stretches along the roof rack. Any suggestions? The wheels I have are the upgraded OEM chrome ones so they'll just have to stay due to cost.

Here is the list of items I've been eyeing up:
Amazon-
NINTE Door Handle Cover for 2011-2019 Ford Explorer & 2012-2014 Ford Edge|4 Dr Gloss Black Covers NO Passenger Keyhole
  1. 31IoWS5w3VL._AC_SY400_.jpg

eBay: matte black vinyl for read chrome piece on tailgate. Rear Chrome Trim Blackout Precut Vinyl Decal Overlay for 2016-2018 Ford Explorer | eBay

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are several threads on blacking out the Explorer. It doesn't matter if it's a Sport or not.

Peter

There are several threads on blacking out the Explorer. It doesn't matter if it's a Sport or not.

Peter

I did see some of those but was a lot to dig through to try and find the individual parts. Not to mention many of those posts are old. It's be nice to have a sticky for those to quickly find common go to black out parts.

You can always plasti-dip the chrome pieces. That's what I did. If you don't like it, it peels right off.

I did see some of those but was a lot to dig through to try and find the individual parts.
You can always do a 'Search' on the thread to try and find what item you are looking for if it is a long one.

Peter

Back