Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Hubs

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by shmiggy, November 20, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. shmiggy

shmiggy New Member

City, State:
    Hollister, California
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '91
    So uh, i've got a 91, and im curious if anybody knows if the spline count on the auto hub is the same as the manual? im thinking about going manual hubs, i've discovered that the auto hubs are pretty good at making little pieces smaller pieces in very low load applications. oh, and im new to the forum, so, hello.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Robrt32

Robrt32 Active Member

City, State:
    Sledge Mississippi
    94 Explorer XLT
    I have 2 sets of auto hubs I will never use.. 1 set I know it good, the other set MAY just need cleaning.. I kept them, somebody from here or elsewhere may want them one day

4. yostyexplorer94

yostyexplorer94 Yost Offroad Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    South Central PA
    1994 Explorer
    Callsign:
    yosty
    Manual hubs are a direct swap with the two spindle nuts and lock washer that you can get in a conversion kit, or if you get the hubs from the junk yard then just take the spindle nuts off of that parts vehicle. Search for manual hub swap and you will be amazed at how much info you already have at your finger tips with the press of the search button! Welcome to the forum and enjoy :usa: :salute:

5. Tony H

Tony H Well-Known Member

City, State:
    New York, Wading River (that's on Long Island)
    '91 Eddie Bauer