Hurculining my cladding! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hurculining my cladding!

Is this looking as good as i think it is? :D

dbc9d6e7.jpg

eb6a73ee.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good man but after you lift it watch sliding down out of it or you'll scratch up your legs. LOL

For the mending you did on the rear bumper cover I'd do both the inside and outside of it just for the added strength.

Im actually about to do that. I figured it would make for the best seal.

This stuff gets EVERYWHERE though! I look like i lost a fight with the hurculiner can..

LOL, you know you have to post pictures of yourself now since you said that.

I would only do the inside of the rear bumper cover and not the cladding. inside the cladding needs to be smooth so the water and debris can run out easily.

Ahh okay. I figured it would be kinda hard to paint inside the cladding.
I just put one coat on the inside of the bumper, I think thats all im going to to though.

Im actually about to do that. I figured it would make for the best seal.

This stuff gets EVERYWHERE though! I look like i lost a fight with the hurculiner can..

Good luck getting that off you!

At least its not on my hootus... Haha

For a second... that 1st pic u posted... when it was loading i thought whatever u were leaning ur cladding up against was a Rice Crispy... :p

Lol am I right or what tho!?

Yet.

Ever say something you wish you hadn't? Hee hee...

Every single day.. But at least the painting is over and put up so no chance of it! WOOO!

IT DOES INTERSCOPE! Granted I'm out of it right now.. :p:

any updates on this

Ohh and does this roll on I was gonna get my whole truck repainted but dont want to spend the money and this looks good I hate the gray

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm in Florida now and away from the Trac. I'm also leaving for college in Arkansas on thursday so it's been kinda hectic lately. I'll definitely get her cleaned up and get a few shots as soon as I get home.

And Yeah it's all roll on and can come in a few different colors so you're not just stuck with black.

did you do the bumpers as well or just the side skirts

I did this to my explorer sport back in the beginning of March and have noticed it is now starting to come off here and ther, it's not coming off in chunks though. I'll get some pictures up soon of it.

karpiel73, where you from in Pittsburgh? I live on the Northside in Brighton Heights.

Here are the pictures I just took of the liner. Weathering would be the best term for what it's doing.

Tan color showing thru:
dsc01369small.jpg

dsc01374small.jpg

And an overall to show you what it looks like. The color fades within days though:
dsc00909small.jpg

I have more pictures of it on the forum elsewhere.

karpiel73, where you from in Pittsburgh? I live on the Northside in Brighton Heights.
I'm actually east of Pittsburgh about 30-40 miles in Saltsburg. It's easier for me to tell people Pittsburgh rather than explain where Saltsburg is at

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh ok, my Custom Truck Club and I were just out in Plum, Pa. for a car show and at Carlisle last weekend for All Truck National's.

Back