• Register Today It's free!

HVAC lights do not work

XLTmodifire

Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' XLT (B4 Autumn Brown)
All subjects regarding the HVAC lights during my search also include the dash lights, or dimmer switch, etc. These are not my issues. The dimmer switch works, as well as dash lights. It seems that it is only the HVAC lights that do not work.

I doubt it will be as easy as a fuse since the HVAC system works, but just the lights do not.

Any further information you need, please ask. Thanks for any help you may be able to offer. It will be highly appreciated.

Did you pull the thing out and see if the bulbs were good?

No sir, I have not. Is it possible for all bulbs to go out at one time? Are the 2nd generation's prone to wire shorts in this area?

Thank you for replying and offering help. Any further questions you may have please let me know.

There are 3...maybe 4 lightbulbs on the back side of the HVAC control (assuming you have the non-electronically controlled version). Easy to replace. Remove 2 screws above the HVAC knobs on the black radio bezel, remove radio. You have to unplug the switches on the bezel, then remove bezel. Take out the 4 screws in the corners of the HVAC panel, turn over the panel, replace lightbulbs. Standard 194 bulb, if your wondering what bulb it is. Installation is reverse of removal...

You might be able to replace the bulbs without removing the 4 screws holding the HVAC panel, but I removed them so I could actually see what I was doing

Back