• Register Today It's free!

I got the window motor blues!

Robrt32

Reaction score
City, State
Sledge Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer XLT
I been trying to fix my left rear window motor. I have 3 different motors and I can not believe ALL 3 are doing the same thing. It will roll up like a champ but wont roll down. I took it back out and plugged it in , it won't turn the motor but that one way.. Its HARD for me to believe all 3 motors wont turn but one way. I checked the voltage 11.06 on each pin as push the button.It will only work the one way with switch on the rear door AND the switch on the master panel on the drivers door, I wouldn't think the switch could bad on the down position on BOTH doors? seems unlikely. ANY ideas?

I JUST went back out there before I posted and took the panel off the passenger side rear door and plugged all 3 motors in and they turn perfect in both directions!!... I"M BUM-FUZZLED!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...It sounds like a common button/wire problem...Did you try using the drivers buttons to activate the rear window motor??

yes, does the same thing... I just checked the voltage on the passenger side and has 10.06 on both pins, slightly less but it works perfectly

...Usualy IIRC, the problem results start at the main panelat the drivers door...Check voltage in/out for both rear windows there first...

...If the pass rear is still lower voltage going out than it is coming in, it is probably that button giving you some problems...Otherwise, it could be the wire in to that and the rear pass window button that has a loose or bad connection...:scratch:

I changed ALL the switches, same thing.. I can check it with the voltage meter and got 13 volts on both pins with the engine running.. I give up, I have the right current all the way to the motor just like the other side but yet the motor wont turn.. Its haunted or just not meant to be

I been trying to fix my left rear window motor. I have 3 different motors and I can not believe ALL 3 are doing the same thing. It will roll up like a champ but wont roll down. I took it back out and plugged it in , it won't turn the motor but that one way.. Its HARD for me to believe all 3 motors wont turn but one way. I checked the voltage 11.06 on each pin as push the button.It will only work the one way with switch on the rear door AND the switch on the master panel on the drivers door, I wouldn't think the switch could bad on the down position on BOTH doors? seems unlikely. ANY ideas?

I JUST went back out there before I posted and took the panel off the passenger side rear door and plugged all 3 motors in and they turn perfect in both directions!!... I"M BUM-FUZZLED!

more than lilkely the master switch on the drivers door is bad

Back