1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

I hear a humming noise coming from the upper intake.

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by pboyle87, July 16, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. pboyle87

pboyle87 New Member

City, State:
    saint joseph ,mo
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2000 xlt 4.0 v6 vin e soh
    i am having a problem with a noise from the upper intake on my explorer xlt 4.0 v6 vin e sohv. i have replaced iac, 2 differnt egr senors and the egr, mass air flow senor, the idle senor, the cadillac converters. but im still getting this humming noise from the upper intake and also when i drive with for awhile it will die then i start it back up it start cuting out like it not getting much fuel and the engin light comes on and show the o2 senors and another differnt code each time i have replace the o2 senors 2 differnt times i have also replaced the intake gaskets to. so can someone please help me i dont know what to do with it but its the only car i have to drive so please help me. :(

Last edited: July 16, 2011
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars