I just ordered this. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I just ordered this.

tolae_1819_27952806

I just ordered this for the bumpers of my Dodge truck and will also use it on the fadded plastic door handles on my X. I had heard good things about it on another forum.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mothers back to black works pretty well. I have always found a shot of black pray laquer works wonders on faded black parts, even plastic trim....

dude that stuff is cool but when it comes down to it, vasaline is the best thing to make them door handlies shine

or just get it done and paint the suckers

I usually just paint mine; using flat black it looks great (people don't know it's not factory until I tell them) and lasts a couple of years if you prep your surface right.

I tried some Megiuars plastic restorer stuff on the tupperware one time, and it looked good until the next rain. :( Now I just mask off and paint--plastic or metal.

I just had some body work done after a deer ran into the side of my Explorer; I had to find a door in a junkyard; it's got some faded black paint on the trim by the window, so I'll have to paint that soon to match the other side.

I have used Forever Black on the trim on two ten yr. old cars and it does everything it says it will. Two coats are usually best. Have an old rag to wipe off any you get on the paint. Really good stuff.......

I have used Forever Black on the trim on two ten yr. old cars and it does everything it says it will. Two coats are usually best. Have an old rag to wipe off any you get on the paint. Really good stuff.......

Can you use Forever Black on the "dark gray" trim that we have in our X's (1999 xlt)??

G

tolae_1819_27952806

I just ordered this for the bumpers of my Dodge truck and will also use it on the fadded plastic door handles on my X. I had heard good things about it on another forum.

fcad0cab.gif

What is "this" ???

You post makes no sense al all.

I don't know if you guys noticed, but I accidentally revived a thread a really old thread.

I was just wondering if I could use forever black on our "dark gray" cladding ...

http://www.properautocare.com/fb-1k.html

Thanks,
G

So how was your experience with this product?

Does it only work on black moldings?

G

Back