I love my explorer... my wife wants to make me sell it... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I love my explorer... my wife wants to make me sell it...

verdezoto

Reaction score
City, State
Quito, Ecuador
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XL M/T
Hi, I have a white 2 doors 2wd 4.0 97 ohv MT ford explorer.... yeaaahhhh, i just love it. It has taken me anywhere I want to.

I have been reading some topics in this forum and I expect soon to show some pictures of my ivan-mobile... ja!.

Anyway, My wife thinks my car is old and I spend money on repairs but I do not think so and I have been able to keep my truck. If she wants a better car... sell hers... not mine. This has been our travel partner...

Here some pictures.... I expect your comments. Soon I will be taking some more pictures of the motor and accesories.

IMG00111-20100225-1320.jpg

IMG00112-20100225-1320.jpg

DSC00749011.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keep it, you won't find any new SUV like it ever again. You will be able to find cheap parts for it forever too. Does your wife really want car payments?

@hitchingmike: Yes, she wants to pay forever.... thinks a Kia SportageR would look nice... I will keep it... at least a couple more years and no payments....

@1atony: yes, parts are not expensive really, newest car parts are expensive...

Welcome to the forum! I would say stick with the explorer for the time being if its still running strong. Where abouts have to gone with it?

It has like 200.000 kms on it, real ones.... I have taken good care always not as a pretty baby but as the big dog it is... keeps strong and fast, I have many trips and remembers for many years. It is hard to leave it... I wont. I know I have to keep it. I can sell hers... jaja.

Good lookin Explorer. Good lookin wife. I'd keep both :)

tal ves te puedes divorciar...

Back