I need a diagram for the rear passenger window regulator. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need a diagram for the rear passenger window regulator.

MeG103

Reaction score
City, State
ClIiFfSiDe PaRk, Nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XlT
:hammer: Hey everyone!!!
glad to join the explorer team....whoooo hoooo
hope someone can help me asap....
after two years of worn-out duct tape in my rear pass window and many "pushups" to the glass of every single person that sat on the back of my ride..i decided to confront the problem myself (i don't trust mechanics) so on sunday i took of everything on the door and discovered that my cable was BADLY twisted and with no hope...i work for a Freightliner dealer and got some connections and went ahead and bought the regulator....BUT i couldn't get the diagram and i would like to have one before i try to put it back..i dont want to mess it up. SO i would love it if someone could provide me with it!!!! thanks so much...:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My rear driver window won't work either. I'm looking for the same thing. Has anyone done a "how to" on fixing the rear driver/passenger power window?

Me too, My back driver side window does not work at all! Any and all help would be great!

REAR DOOR WINDOW REGULATOR AND MOTOR

Removal and Installation

Remove the door mounted speaker.

Remove the watershield.
Disconnect the electrical connector from the door.

Connect the window control switch.

Lower the window glass and align the retainer with the access hole.

NOTE: Some vehicles may use rivets to attach the glass to the regulator. Remove the bolt or rivet that attaches the glass to the regulator.

Raise and support the rear door window glass to the full up position.

NOTE: Do not detach the door handle from the latch cable during this step. Remove the rear inside door handle.
Remove the screw.
Disengage the inside door handle from the door.

If equipped, disconnect the power door lock rod from the back of the inside door handle.

Gain access to the power window motor electrical connector located in the front of the door.

Disconnect the power window motor electrical connector.
Press down on the connector tab.
Pull the connector upward and remove through the speaker opening in the door.

Disconnect the rear door window regulator and motor assembly from the door.
Remove the nuts.
Remove the screws.

Remove the window regulator and motor assembly from the door.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.

thanks for that great post, will be trying it soon I hope.
Thanks again!

Thanks to the info from this site I just replaced my rear window motor! Works great, took almost an hour. 74 bucks from autozone. Just removed the motor from the bracket and replaced. no need to undo cables or regulator tracks or even move the window at all. Three bolts and three screws and it's done!
Thanks again eveyone!

Back