I need a vote on who likes my new Altezza's and who doesnt.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need a vote on who likes my new Altezza's and who doesnt....

What route do you think i should go???

• Keep the Altezza's?

Votes: 40 29.6%
  • Go back to the stockers?

Votes: 95 70.4%

• Total voters
those are the tyc tails aren't they?
i'm a fan of those tails. i'm looking for the black/red series not the clear/red however.

i love it. 2 thumbs up :) :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I voted go back to stock, i too hate altezzas (hey, you asked!) front clear corners look good, but rear clears just look like crap IMO.

I dunno, on an American vehicle, i think the money is spent better on other mods...

i dont know, i dont usually like altezza's but they look fine on yours. i personally hate the amber on our stock tails. it looks just as good either way to me. :)

Well i think i am pretty much stuck in the middle. Since i have had these for almost a month, they are unfortunately beyond the 10 day return period for the place i bought them from. So if i could get a decent price out of them i guess i would be willing to sell them. I just want my truck to look as clean as possible. I really do appreciate all of your honest opinions. I mean what is the worth of an opinion if it is not a real one. I however have to debate the bling bling thing. I guess to me that just rims that are chrome doesnt make a vehicle fully bling bling. It is my belief that what makes a vehicle bling bling is all the other stuff on top of that. Like un needed chrome grill guards and chrome around the fenderwells, chrome rear taillight covers, spinning rims. And such. Oh well it is just an opinion and i have to respect that, but i dont really think that just rims make it all bling bling as people say. To me the whole bling bling thing is either alot of stuff on the outside that is not needed or very very oversized things such as like 24" rims on an explorer sized vehicle. It is cool though, because once i get my drag radials i will take a picture of it with those on at the track and that will be my avatar. :D Well i think i will switch back to stockers as long as i can get a good price out of these. I bought them new for $200. Yeah i know that is alot for just some colered plastic but i actually shopped around and that was the cheapest i could find for what i wanted. So if i could get a decent offer being that they are new i might work someone out with someone. That way i could at least get some of my money out of them. And if no one buys them i guess i will leave them on and maybe tint them darker. I hate to see $200 go to waste so if i cannot sell them for a decent price then why just let them sit and collect dust. ;) Well anyways. Thanks for the opinions on here. I will be posting a for sale thread in the other forum if any of you will be interested. I will post the link here too.

Originally posted by HokieBert
I dunno, on an American vehicle, i think the money is spent better on other mods...

Just to clarify something. Trust me i am not just spending my money on the outside. I was just working on that a little during the time that i couldnt work on my engine. I cannot really spend that much more money on my cars engine as it is. I mean the only things i need now(and i do plan on getting them later) is the 347 shortblock with forged pistons, new ported aftermarket heads, intake, and digital ignition. I got everything else to make the big power. The supercharger is have (XB-1A) is rated safely up to 18 psi, bosch 42 lb/hr injectors, Pro-M 80 mm MAS, Baumann shift kit, E-303 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, diablo flipchip, and Walbro 255 lph fuel pump. And i will have my 3000 stall convertor too soon. That is all i can think of or now that i already have. Everything except for the cam and the RR's is waiting to install fully till the my chip gets some minor problem worked out. Well anyways, i just didnt want you all thinking that i just get stuff for show. Because i got plenty of go too. And will have alot more very soon too. :D

Sometimes it bothers me that people get influenced by what people here think is cool for their own ride. Don't get me wrong, this is what this thread is about and I'm sure you are on the fence on those Altezzas to begin with and that is why you post the question. I am sure a lot of members here are with me on this because when I see some replies on other threads I see them write, "...but if you like it then..."

My point is, if YOU like it KEEP it.
(just my 2 cents;) )

Well actually X-Factor you do bring up another good point. But the thing is. I have not been able to make my mind fully up yet. To tell you the truth i was planning on probably taking them off before i started this thread. But i figured i would wait and see what you all had to say first. That way maybe it would help me out a little bit with the whole outside opinion area. I mean i have asked friends here but they dont want to hurt feelings so they of course say "Yeah they look great!!!" or something like that. I wanted unbiased opinions on this and i got them. The cool thing is that most of you agreed with me. I got like 18 out of 21 votes for going back to stock. Which is what i had kind of planned in the back of my head anyways. But i had to get a consensus from the experts................ and biggest critics ;) first. Thanks guys. :)

Originally posted by rocket 5979
i have asked friends here but they dont want to hurt feelings so they of course say "Yeah they look great!!!"

LOL... I would tell you the same thing as your friends in person. :D I guess we are more honest in front of the computer. :D

It is because computers are less personal. That way when we type it doesnt let us see the possible feelings we hurt by saying things with our honest opinions. That is why if i want an honest opinions i will go here because i know it will for the most part be unbiased. By the way i am ruthless on my computer too. If someone asks me about something i will give my 100% uncut opinions whther i think they will like it or not. However i do give it tactfully at least. But they still get the point.

go back to stock man, you can make those stock tail lights look nice with your truck

Go back to stock.

The only thing I might consider doing to mine is painting the amber to match the red but does anyone know how to do that?

Leave them on and add more chrome!!! Chrome wipers, gas door cover, antenna, license plate frames, everything!!!

i think you should keep the atlezzas and tint them really dark

Originally posted by 98FordX24
Go back to stock.

The only thing I might consider doing to mine is painting the amber to match the red but does anyone know how to do that?

Go to home depot and pick up a can of candy apple spray tint. You might even be able to find it at a local auto accessories store. Use it the same way you would apply spray tint. Bada-bing.

i dont like em one bit. back to stock

go back to stock, and then paint the black lines seperating the three main colors to match the body of your truck. That will look clean....

I think they would look better if they were darker. Maybe sell yours on here or e-bay and get the black or carbon fiber ones.

Originally posted by crashwave
Go to home depot and pick up a can of candy apple spray tint. You might even be able to find it at a local auto accessories store. Use it the same way you would apply spray tint. Bada-bing.

That wouldn't really do any good because the signals will still flash amber. Plus it would come off unless he cleared over it because the model paint isn't designed to hold up to the elements.

I like the altezzas, they may not be the best looking on the planet but the stockers are far worse with that amber thing on it

my tails do not have clear coat over them and they've stood up for about three months now and look like new.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont care if they still flash amber. I just want to get rid of the amber color on the lense.

Back