Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

i need some SAS help...

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by MiniGeneral92, July 30, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
Tags:
  1. MiniGeneral92

MiniGeneral92 New Member

City, State:
    Milwaukie,Or
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    92 XLT
    so u just picked up a D44 out of an old waggy (super awesome deal...$25), and i need some help finding the parts to convert it back to 5 lug preferably the ford half ton 5 on 5 rather than the stock 5 on 4.5. also it ahs vacuum activated auto hubs and i would like to get rid of those when i do the swap back to 5 lug, i assume that i can just get a new front diff cover for it ans that will solve the problem of having a hole in the cover. and then when i get the 5 lug outers i can just put locking hubs

so if anyone could point me in the right direction to find the parts i need that would be great.

once i start acquiring the necessary parts ill start putting up pictures of my build.

thanks everyone for your help

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.
  3. IZwack

IZwack Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Germantown, MD
    1998 Ford Explorer
    To read: http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/web_rs44.html

FYI - its not the "hubs" that are vacuum actuated, its a "central axle disconnect" (CAD) - the axle shaft itself. So you'll need to replace the axle shaft. But do a Google search cauz theres plenty of info on this.

4. MiniGeneral92

MiniGeneral92 New Member

City, State:
    Milwaukie,Or
    92 XLT
    i have found a place to get a kit that makes the vacuum actuated part, cable operated so i can control it from inside the truck.
    that only thing about it is that all the jeep ones available are for dana 30 axles not a dana 44, so i was wondering if the dodge dana 44 ones would work the same.

We Support Our Troops!