Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

I won :) oh and shift kit in....

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by psychotic, September 23, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. psychotic

psychotic Active Member

City, State:
      Olathe, KS
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      RIP: '02 V8 Limited 4WD
      There is this "Nitemare" car ( a civic with body kit, bmw midnight blue paintjob, custom back end widened...... anyways it looks AWESOME) its got a few performance mods i know of anyways... like cat back, ram intake, headers.... anyways i was 2 car lengths ahead of him up until 80. I was soooo proud of my EX!!!! I'd like to thank my transmission for down shifting at the right time, and my new b&m shift improver to help me jump ahead during shifts rather than fall behind ;).

I just installed the electronic shift improver tonight, and i love it!! works great.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Jason_25

Jason_25 Elite Explorer<br>ECX Member

City, State:
      New Bern, NC
      '95 Explorer "Expedition"
      No offense to you psychotic, but that Riceboy needs to take his car back to the drawing board.......

Any supposed "performance vehicle" that gets beaten by a 160 HP load of bricks on wheels should be ashamed.

4. Adam Foote

Adam Foote Active Member

City, State:
      Katy, Texas
      92 XLT
      haha ..... yeah lets introduce nitemare.... to troll.. lol he would wet himself.. btw good job on the win..

5. psychotic

psychotic Active Member

City, State:
      Olathe, KS
      The car looks nice, i think it could use a lil work on some performance. But... i couldn't believe my ex was accelerating that fast. It downshifted with no delay and just flew. This guys car really isn't that slow... i felt like i had 225 hp for a while

6. SaleenEXP

SaleenEXP Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Boca Raton, Fl.
      Mountaineer
      What gears do you have? If 4.10s I can see you easily taking him off the line, but if he had mods he should have pulled on you if you ran to 80 b/c the ohv engine has basically no good power past 50-60. If you ran him to 80 and beat him, that proves my theory that ricers are punks who drop 10,000 into a car to make it fuggly and still can't drive it:rolleyes: :D . I've taken plenty of Civics off the line in my 94' but only up to about 40.

7. SaleenEXP

SaleenEXP Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Boca Raton, Fl.
      Mountaineer
      Speaking of rice:D , I pulled into school today and theres a kid with a new Lincoln Navigator totally friggen riced out. It has one of the most friggen ugliest body kits (Imagine a big Civic as an SUV and you get the idea). About 15 JL Audio stickers on it. Ugly rims, and to make it worst he actually had on a ricer exhaust (from the sound), the tip was the kind that comes out and angles up with duals together. It sounded like a big V8 fart-box when he was driving (think of a very large displacment 4banger thats the best way to describe the sound), nothing like a V8 should sound, everyone walking out on the sidewalk was grilling it/him like WTF? I'm gonna
      b!tch slapp that kid when I see him for disgracing that truck:D

When I get a digital camera I'll try to get pictures of it.

8. psychotic

psychotic Active Member

City, State:
      Olathe, KS
      we went up to about 90 mph, i had a car lead on him up to about 70, at which he started gaining on me pretty steady and passed me at 80. I have the stock xlt package gears, which i know has different gears... i'm not sure if its 3.73?? or 4.10....
      I know he can drive, i know who he is now after asking around. He used to drive a 68 mustang.
      Also.... just thought i'd throw in, with a recent 45 min drive on the highway, which i don't do all that often... anyways, i noticed that possibly from my "ghetto ram air" setup, accelerating at speeds above 60 can actually feel like i'm accelerating from 30-40 again esp when it down shifts.

9. LowdPypes

LowdPypes Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Wilmington, NC
      '98 Mountaineer
      simple green mod.

wash your engine psychotic. ashame to have a sport truck with such a nasty looking engine.

10. psychotic

psychotic Active Member

City, State:
      Olathe, KS
      eh no one looks at it, i'll wash it if i think someone might ;)