Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

IAC valve trouble

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by srj26, July 28, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. srj26

srj26 New Member

City, State:
      Gerald,MO
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1998 and 2000
      I've read alot on this problem but apperently not enough. My girlfriend's 2000 exlorer 4X4 4.0 sohc(engine code E) has a loud vibration coming from the airbox. After alot of reading I was able to trace it back to the IAC valve. So We took it back again(this is the third one we've put on it in 3 months).
      When you start the truck it makes the sound imediately,unplug the IAC for just a second and things go back to normal. Put it in gear and the vibration starts again. I even replaced the plug thinking it was getting a bad connection but that didn't work either. Couldn't find any vaccuum leaks either.
      Could a cracked intake cause this? How or whats the best way to tell if theres a crack in the intake?
      Inneed of some ideas and things to check for.
      Thanks, Steve

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.