Ideas for my explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ideas for my explorer?

Vikram

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4W
I know a lot of people go the monster truck route, but I want to make it look like a luxury SUV, I've always like the gray color mine has. The main thing bothering me atm are my headlights... I used mothers restoration and it didn't really do much difference...and I can't find a set that has good reviews - what would you recommend for new headlights? these seem to be the only subtle looking ones I could find, what do you think?

http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/anz/111040/image/3/

Also what kind of tail lights should i get? was looking at these

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81xstOvJV3L._SL1500_.jpg

and lastly - rims? should i keep what i got or try to get something thin 5 spoke?

I'm going for a luxury look.

Even in the snowy winter I try to keep it looking fresh

E7DF21F2-03B8-403A-B502-566A9877C833_zps7yam7tqd.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Honestly, I've always thought the limited looks really classy. Maybe try and find some limited wheels and a front bumper. Perhaps swap some limited seats into yours. I would ditch the brush bar if you're not into the off road look.

I always kind kind of had the same approach towards a more luxury/performance look. Check out my registry in the elite explorer section for some info regarding my experience with appearance and power adding mods.

I always kind kind of had the same approach towards a more luxury/performance look. Check out my registry in the elite explorer section for some info regarding my experience with appearance and power adding mods.

i checked out your car, damn it looks nice! i really wanna get new headlights and HIDs, but they are SO expensive and i really dont have any more money anymore, i doubt ill reallly be able to get anything ever again in my life - maybe a set of tail lights or something. :(

Personally I don't like the gray lol

Use sand paper to clean the headlights. I use 2,000 grit followed by plastix, and wax. You could try a lower grit if you want. But 1,000 is the lowest I'd go.

Remove the brush guard and sell it to buy something like nicer tail lights. Remove the roof rack, and silly chrome fender things.

Get a smaller stubby antenna, and lower the windshield wipers while you're at. Those are easy

Personally I don't like the gray lol

Use sand paper to clean the headlights. I use 2,000 grit followed by plastix, and wax. You could try a lower grit if you want. But 1,000 is the lowest I'd go.

Remove the brush guard and sell it to buy something like nicer tail lights. Remove the roof rack, and silly chrome fender things.

Get a smaller stubby antenna, and lower the windshield wipers while you're at. Those are easy

Yeah i did the whole process with wet sanding and everything included in the mothers kit, but there's only so much you can do with 20 year old headlights. Not sure why you don't like the gray, they are easily one of the best colors they had.

Yeah i did the whole process with wet sanding and everything included in the mothers kit, but there's only so much you can do with 20 year old headlights. Not sure why you don't like the gray, they are easily one of the best colors they had.

I just don't care for grey. If you like then rock it :D

Keep sanding, eventually it'll get clean. Unless it's hazing on the inside of the housing. You could buy stock replacements if you don't like anything aftermarket. Might wanna get the lower bumper from a nicer explorer too. With fog lights! :biggthump

Back