Ideas on Lifting 2001 Explorer Sport 4wd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ideas on Lifting 2001 Explorer Sport 4wd

BigCountry21

Reaction score
City, State
Marlton, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
:salute: Hello Everyone I am new to the forums.

I own a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4, 90,000 miles on it runs like a gem. I have done just about everything i want to do it except the tires, rims, lift and exhaust... My main issue as most is lifting it. Of-course i have the rear sag which really pisses me off but that shouldn't be a hard fix.

What i want to know is; Is there any way i can lift my explorer to fit 33's (preferably) without doing a SOA because everywhere i go to lift my truck its always around $4,000 and I am not spending that much for 4". There must be a way i can lift it up without having to spend that much money for instance like TT can give me 2" on the front i know and add a leaf on the rear can give me maybe 1.5" but is there anything else i can do to beef it up without making it complicated? Can anyone help me out this has been bothering me forever and i just want to know the Solution!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2" body and 2" shackles with a Tt on the front and you can fit 33's easy.

With lifting and 33 in tires have you figured anything about power and fuel mileage . I purchased my 01 sport with 33 and a 3 in body lift on it ,plenty of clearence but it is geared 3:73 and so alittle sluggish and my mpg is 14- 14 .5 and I drive 50 miles round trip to work everyday . For a test i took the 33`s and put them on my ranger ,it has a 1 in tb lift on the front , trimmed a little plastic and it works my ranger is geared 4:10 , I`ll check mpg later .

I have 4.10's with a 5.0 and power is good not great and I get 18-22. When I moved from AR to TX I only fueled twice and I still had had around half a tank left. Withe the 4.0 you have I would regear to 4.10-4.56 for the 33's.

With my ranger on the freeway I get 19 but combined driving to work I get 16.7 to 17.5 . with 4:10 gears and stock tires.
The Ex.sport I`m at 14.5 -15 commute to work with 33`s and 3:73 gears , I haven`t taken it on just a freeway trip.
Now I was just giving info to Big Country for what he was asking about

Back