if you want 95-97 altezzas please post here | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

if you want 95-97 altezzas please post here

i'm not really going anywhere with this, but i would just like to see how many people are interested. If we get a lot of responses then we can show a couple of manufacturers and try to get something done. So if you want altezzas this is your chance! it might not make a difference but at least its a chance to vent:fire: :fire:

on a related note, has anyone ever seen the apc clear tails with the red stripe near the top. i'm still angry about ordering those from one place and having them say they were on back order, waiting, finally cancelling that order calling another place and getting the same story, and then finally going into a well known sport truck shop and having the owner give a shout to apc only to find out that production was stopped. i'm guessing they never existed (i've never seen a pair) and that apc was just testing the market by advertising them. if we get a million responses here and all of the companies want to make them for us, i will not buy the apc's because of that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's how we all feel....so if you want em SEND THOSE E-MAILS!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

My e-mail is sent and thanks expo for posting pics on the others since they may be an option if I can't get altezza, and if I can I'm sure those others wont be on your truck for long anyway :)

don't know about the backup lights being in the wrong place, but i may have to modify the bulb positions when i see how they work.

I sent them an e-mail last night....guess what...they stopped making them :mad:

"The clear and clear red (non euro) are not legal in any state and have been discontinued. The Altezza euro lamps have not come out yet for this vehicle."

:fire:

Oh, that sucks. They didn't seem that great in the first place (my opinion). Nevertheless, let's all push for the Altezzas.

CHECK THESE OUT!!!!!!!!!

If I had the money I would think about buying them......

Dead Link Removed

LOL Spas, where have you been!? :rolleyes:

:chug:

spas come on. those are exactly what we are trying to get made for our 95-97 vehicles.

everybody else, who is reading this poll because they want those and actually know what's going on. we need to get people to email that above person. i am so tired of products that are discontinued and ended etc.. it's a bad comment on those of us with these explorers that we haven't already shown enough interest to get these made. imo opinion our vehicle has the ugliest stock tail lights on the road and therefore can benefit the most from these. we should all be trying to get altezzas for our vehicles. plus just think about how uglya grand cherokee would be with these, and they get them and our vehicle which would be drastically improved does not. lets push for these

I agree, our stock tails are horrid. I've been saying we should contact ProCarParts.com about Altezzas ever since this thread started. We need to keep the e-mails going to DirectParts.com guy though, because I think we have a better chance there.

:p :p :p :p :p

Is there some technical reason why 98 tails won't work on a 97 or a 95? I thought they were basically the same thing.....

The housing stucture and bulb placement is different on 95-97's. Sheesh Spas, did you just join this board? :D

check this out, <Dead Link Removed>
the ones i ordered last night don't seem to exist, but we could build our own like that. who wants to try it? does anyone even still make the all clear tails for us? what do you guys think?

if we bought the smoke and the red paint, and took some time with it, we might be able to make some really cool tails. but i would still rather get someone to make altezzas. everyone agree?

I just emailed that guy about making the altezzas. I checked out the clear/red ones that expo5.0 just posted about, but i dont really like them that much, check here i';m pretty sure they have the all clear with red stripe at the bottom ones for our car. www.clearlights.com check it out

slick, man i ordered those last night, but then cdexplorer said they don't really exist, that they were discontinued. so i was just trying to figure something else out. we could get clears and that paint, and make the ones from that link you posted. or we can just all email the guy about altezzas, i say we keep emailing that guy.

it looks like we have only 12 people who want these. i emailed that guy and asked how many people would it take to get something done. he hasn't responded yet, but i know that 12 is nowhere near enough.
so- fat boy, red96camaro, cdexplorer, hartman, espnfreak,importboy, bmxboy, monkey_boy, slick, tarheel085, yosilky, and snowbd2u- lets go drum up some more people. talk to your friends, keep this postin the 15 recent, do what it takes, and for sure each of you need to send en email to that guy.

expo, i agree, i think the altezzas are much better than the regular clears.

Keep trying for the Altezzas, all these wannabe painted clears don't cut it for me.

it looks like we have only 12 people who want these. i emailed that guy and asked how many people would it take to get something done. he hasn't responded yet, but i know that 12 is nowhere near enough.
so- fat boy, red96camaro, cdexplorer, hartman, espnfreak,importboy, bmxboy, monkey_boy, slick, tarheel085, yosilky, and snowbd2u- lets go drum up some more people. talk to your friends, keep this postin the 15 recent, do what it takes, and for sure each of you need to send en email to that guy.

i'm just reposting this on the new page so everyone sees it

I e-mailed the guy, but he hasn't responded either. I think we need to start a new thread in General Exploratios with the title "Group Perchase, 95-97 Altezza's" or something of that nature to attract more interested buyers.

i'll start it right now, all of the guys who have already listed please post there too. and if we have questions comments etc. lets keep them over here. keep that as just a list of who wants them.

Back