IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades! | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For those with loose fitting torsion bars in new aftermarket LCA's. Thanks Don.

**EMERGENCY** Torsion bar help needed!

What are you up to?

I just happened to go through that again two weeks ago, four new CA's. I found the isolators worn out(at the torsion bar key/frame). So I'll have to go back in later to replace those, I found them for $53 each, 98-2011 Rangers use the same front suspension.

Don, someone on FB posted a similar issue today and found your solution. Also post #110 from this thread was unsolved.

Here's another similar thread from Ranger Forum:
Moog control arm, loose torsion bar fit? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource

Post #110
Pictures

Here we go. The shims being in there kind of make it harder to see how bad it is.

Right Side:

100_0071.jpg

100_0072.jpg

Left Side (worst of the 2):

100_0069.jpg

100_0070.jpg

Left side wheel clearance:
100_0074.jpg

100_0075.jpg

I realize these are slightly over sized tires but you can still see that there is a problem.

I remember that posting, I hope that issue hasn't come up again. I didn't look at my new Moog CA's very close, but I think they fit well. I'm starting on the radiator and timing chain set today, I'll take a picture of the torsion bar end too.

Interesting. I knew they made lots of rear kits, but the front may be a good idea also for those.

Hey guys, I'd like to replace my LCAs this spring or summer. What are some inexpensive but HD replacement parts here?

Hey guys, I'd like to replace my LCAs this spring or summer. What are some inexpensive but HD replacement parts here?

If you read back you'll find inexpensive lower arms have quality issues with the torsion bar indexing. To be honest I'm not sure what I'd choose besides motorcraft.

The HD Prograde is about as HD as your going to get in a mass produced consumer product.

These prograde parts are already inexpensive as your going to get. The point of this thread is to inform people the difference in service, standard, and prograde parts.

Back