Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Illuminated entry/exit feature not working (2006 Ford Explorer)

Discussion in 'Modified 2006 - 2010 Explorers' started by Kuwaitexplorer, August 2, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Kuwaitexplorer

Kuwaitexplorer New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Hi Guys!

I'm wandering if you could help me figure out why the Illuminated entry/exit feature is not working properly for my 2006 Ford Explorer.

The Interior lights does not "turn-on" automatically when I exit/entry the car. Sometimes, it's working but most of the time it doesnt work automatic. Does the entry/exit feature has light sensor or anything? I don't want to lose this feature since this is very useful especially in night time which you don't need to manually switch on the interior lights.

Thanks for your time guys :)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. NHarris

NHarris Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Gillette, Wyoming
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
      What I would do is check the obvious first. Like the dimmer switch first to make sure that not all the way to the bottom (off position). Then check your overhead lamps, most or all of them will have a "off-door-on" switch. Make sure those are on door. Other than the obvious I will have to think on this one. Hope its an easy fix! :)

-Nate