Im back w/ more problems. When I stop it stops! wtf | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Im back w/ more problems. When I stop it stops! wtf

if you take one of the injectors and remove the O-rings from the bottom of the injector, can you put it in place with out having to force it into the hole?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah the last one that we are having a problem with, when the bottom o ring was off the last time, it was able to go into the hole with no problems, but nothing really keeping it there or sealed. the o rings came out of the same pack that i used on other injectors and worked just fine. thinking maybe just a problem with this one injector

I know you said you checked the hole and there is nothing in it.

but sometimes pieces of the old O-rings sticks to the injector hole. use to have this problem with diesel injectors as well.

if you have something that is the same diameter as the O-ring and is long enough to use as a measuring stick.

line it up to the injector and mark on it where the injector should be settled in the hole.

then sliding it into the hole see if it get hung up on anything in the hole before it seats.

a wooden dowel would be a good thing to use so it doesn't scare the hole.

it was cleaned out with a shank tooth brush (pointed), when the old was yanked out it had the old o ring on it. shined a flash light in it as well, had some dirt, its cleaned out as well... frustrating but at least when its all done itll be done right

so you need a new set of O-rings to put on the injector.
put them on the injector dry. ( remember! oil on your skin will activate the O-ring and it will start swelling as soon as you touch it.)

lube the O-ring as you drop it in. quickly get it seated in place. hope this helps.

20960542_bwd_57081_pri_larg.jpg

See blue head, black O ring then Yellow Ring...
Well the O ring is so tight that there is no space between it and blue head and yellow ring, matter of fact its pushing the head forward.

sounds like you need a new injector.

will that injector fit in any other hole and seat? it shouldn't, but worth a try.

fix the world one o ring at a time, lol. guy i ordered from is hopefully going to replace it, i took it up to Adv and compared it to an in stock one, "Mr Sheezs' said shaft to short" lol i know basics about cars not how to make all the parts, i just replace :p

and lizard it wouldnt go into any of them.

Back