I'm Drinking the Koolaid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm Drinking the Koolaid

calb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 AWD Explorer Limited
.... hopefully it's the good type of Koolaid!:)

Signed an order for a new Ford Explorer Limited, with White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat, Black/Pecan seats, 302A package, navigation and trailer package, to be delivered in December. Pricing was right, between employee pricing, dealer discount and Costco discount I'm about $7,500 below MSRP (if anyone in Toronto needs a dealer, PM me).

I'm hoping that Cory and Rebecca notify Ford that my order is EXTREMELY SPECIAL ... and ensure that this nice new Ford Explorer is carefully monitored as it is made, laser scanned and re-inspected at least a dozen times, so it comes off perfect! ;)

.... I want to be the next guy Ford invites to a surprise press conference!!

Thank you to everyone in the forums for assisting with this decision, and a sincere thanks to both Cory and Rebecca for demonstrating Ford's commitment to its customers; as a first time Ford owner, that made a difference.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn nice ext/int combo and price deal!!

Let me be the first to congratulate you and looks to be a sweet Christmas Present!!

Signed an order for a new Ford Explorer Limited, with White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat, Black/Pecan seats, 302A package, navigation and trailer package, to be delivered in December. Pricing was right, between employee pricing, dealer discount and Costco discount I'm about $7,500 below MSRP (if anyone in Toronto needs a dealer, PM me).
Congratulations calb. :chug: Now, welcome to the owner's group.:thumbsup:

Thanks Tio and PeterK9.

Just hope there are no last minute issues on the deal and that the car comes with no issues other than minor MFT issues that I'll endure till next years patch :)

Ohh and its AWD - whew - had to check the contract to make sure it was noted!

How long till dealer should be able to supply me with the order number?

Thanks Tio and PeterK9.

Just hope there are no last minute issues on the deal and that the car comes with no issues other than minor MFT issues that I'll endure till next years patch :)

Ohh and its AWD - whew - had to check the contract to make sure it was noted!

How long till dealer should be able to supply me with the order number?
I don't know for sure but I'm guessing they should have the number as soon as they place the order. You should also ask them for their dealer number if you were planning on using that info to send to Cory in regards to getting your eventual VIN number when it becomes available.

I don't know for sure but I'm guessing they should have the number as soon as they place the order. You should also ask them for their dealer number if you were planning on using that info to send to Cory in regards to getting your eventual VIN number when it becomes available.

I've got the dealer number, just nothing else that to identify the car, at this stage.

Congratulations calb! In spite of the problems it is a really great ride. I sure hope the problems with MFT and Nav get fixed, that would make it really rock!!! :thumbsup:

Calb, congrats on your order, this the same vehicle we have, and we love the pecan interior. Hope the best on the laser inspection, they need some fine tuning. Going in tomorrow for rear hatch adjustment. MFT hope new update next year fixes all the bugs, it can be a pickle sometimes.
I used the checklist in a previous thread to accept my vehicle, I have added to it, I will try to upload after I get my home PC, up and running, got the blue screen of death, got love windows!

Thanks gdecamp and Spengracin.

Spengracin - I'm ohhh so aware of that hatch issue. That is the one issue I'm not likely to forget, having seen picks of one that was misaligned. Love to see your updated checklist.

I'm not too concerned; I know Cory and Rebecca will talk to Alan Mulally, Paul Mascarenas, at Ford US and David Mondragon at Ford Canada and explain how "absolutely crucial" it is to have this car perfect ;)

Congrats calb. Nice choices. December can't come any faster

Congrats calb. Nice choices. December can't come any faster

Thanks Vdel. Waiting to December is worth the potential additional $2-$3K off as I can combine the employee pricing deal with what are potentially better December deals.

There is no such thing as perfect off the assembly line

Congrats! You made a good decision. I've had mine since March and still can't wait to drive it each day. Drove the New ML350 yesterday at our store and let me tell you, it isn't as nice nor does it have the technology.

Congrats! You made a good decision. I've had mine since March and still can't wait to drive it each day. Drove the New ML350 yesterday at our store and let me tell you, it isn't as nice nor does it have the technology.

That is one of the nicest endorsements I've heard. Thanks for reducing whatever buyer's remorse I might have :)

...Thank you to everyone in the forums for assisting with this decision, and a sincere thanks to both Cory and Rebecca for demonstrating Ford's commitment to its customers; as a first time Ford owner, that made a difference.
Congratulations on your order, calb! You’ve been such a huge help to everyone on the boards and you deserve it! I really appreciate your kind words and we’re committed to keeping you happy. Since you don’t have your VIN yet, PM me with your order number & dealer name/dealer code so I can track it for you. I know you’re going to love your Explorer. :)

...You should also ask them for their dealer number if you were planning on using that info to send to Cory in regards to getting your eventual VIN number when it becomes available.
peterk9,
Thanks for believing in me! :) They can normally get the order number within a few days of ordering the vehicle. ;)

Cory

I'm hoping that Cory and Rebecca notify Ford that my order is EXTREMELY SPECIAL ... and ensure that this nice new Ford Explorer is carefully monitored as it is made, laser scanned and re-inspected at least a dozen times, so it comes off perfect! ;)

.... I want to be the next guy Ford invites to a surprise press conference!!

Thank you to everyone in the forums for assisting with this decision, and a sincere thanks to both Cory and Rebecca for demonstrating Ford's commitment to its customers; as a first time Ford owner, that made a difference.

Such awesome news! Congrats!!!

I just told the factory guys to make yours SUPER DUPER EXTREMELY SPECIAL! LOL

You know where to find me if you have any MFT questions ;)

Rebecca

Since you don’t have your VIN yet, PM me with your order number & dealer name/dealer code so I can track it for you. I know you’re going to love your Explorer. :)

Thank you, Cory. I've asked the dealer for that info. Not sure when they will they put order in, since I don't want delivery till December to pick up extra discounts, but as soon as I get one I'll PM you.

Thank you!

Such awesome news! Congrats!!!

I just told the factory guys to make yours SUPER DUPER EXTREMELY SPECIAL! LOL

You know where to find me if you have any MFT questions ;)

Rebecca

Excellent ..... did you copy Alan Mulally on that memo too, because while you undoubtedly hold tremendous sway on the factory floors of Ford plants across North America (the WORLD, even! ;) ), the factory guys are still likely to pay more attention when Alan's copied in ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you, Cory. I've asked the dealer for that info. Not sure when they will they put order in, since I don't want delivery till December to pick up extra discounts, but as soon as I get one I'll PM you.

Thank you!
You got it, calb! I know how important discounts are. :) Definitely forward those details when you get them and I’ll keep tabs on the latest status. ;)

Cory

Back