1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

I'm goin to the 2005 North American International Auto Show :-D

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by NICE59FORDF100, December 23, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. NICE59FORDF100

NICE59FORDF100 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Austin, TX
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      OBD-1 Kenobi
      wow, so ya, today i got the green light from parental units to go to the 2005 auto show in detroit! im so excited! Have any of you ever gone, or are goin this year? i just thought i would share, heh, cause, like, i can takes pics for anyone, or whatever, but im so excited....ill get to see the sport trac concept there in person, yay! :D :D :D :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: ;) :thumbsup: :p :eek: :thumbsup: :D :eek: :roll:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. B94Sport

B94Sport Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Geneva, IL
      05 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
      I go every year, since I'm up in Flint, MI January-March for school. Not sure what weekend I'll be going yet.

4. NICE59FORDF100

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Austin, TX
      OBD-1 Kenobi
      that is cool! thois year is goin to be the best.....ill be there the 20-23....hey, what is there to do in the night life in the detroit surrounding area? me and my buddy will need something to do during the night, hehe

5. woodychitwn

woodychitwn Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Chicago, Illinois
      1994 Limited
      Well, since you're 18, I'm not sure about nightlife in Detroit. However, Canada is a bridge or tunnel away, and the drinking age is 18. Oh, and the strippers take off everything.

As for the auto show, the Detroit manufacturers put on an impressive event, and you'll want to take the time to see their shows, not just the cars.

Unfortunately by the second weekend the regular cars have been stripped of everything that isn't bolted down. And the luxury cars are locked because people brought wrenches for the things that were bolted down. Every car will be missing something, the emblem, knobs, switches, cigarette lighter, pedals, rear-view mirror. The term "ghetto" doesn't quite cover it. But it's still an impressive event.

6. NICE59FORDF100

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Austin, TX
      OBD-1 Kenobi
      hey woody, arent the manufacturer's shows during the media press days? i thought they were, but i may be wrong...if i could catch one show, of course, it would be fords.....but the days im goin, i wont be able to attend it...oh well, my goal is to me J Mays, and Chris Theodore, And persuade John Coletti to get back the lighting! :)

P.s.. woody, we need to talk about the canada thing, :-D

7. woodychitwn

woodychitwn Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Chicago, Illinois
      1994 Limited
      They actually do shows every few hours, they're not actually introducing new vehicles, but they do bring them on stage with lights and fireworks, and talk about all the features and gizmos. The year I went, GM had hired Cirque du Solei to do acrobatics over everybody's head, while surrounded by GM vehicles on platforms. But then the GM vehicles started flying off the platforms and doing mid-air acrobatics as well. Turned out they were just photo-realistic baloons with the exact shape of the vehicles, but it looked kewl has heck.

8. TSTONE

TSTONE Giddy up! Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Oakland County, MI
      97 Mountaineer
      Drinking age in Canada is 19 nowadays, and pretty strick from what i've been hearing lately.

As for the show it's pretty cool - you'll have a great time. Checkout Greektown or Mexican Village both have great food. Mexican Village is pretty loose for drinking as long as your eating.

Also checkout Henry Ford Museum it's probably the single finest Automotive museum in the world.