Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

I'm so confused...

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by 97WHTXLT, June 14, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 97WHTXLT

97WHTXLT Member

City, State:
      Guyton, GA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1997 XLT
      OK, I've read all about wiring in the factory sub and everything, but I think I'm reading into everything too much, ha. This is what I have:

97 XLT
      JBL Sound with sub in back and 6 disc changer in console

What I want to do:
      I want to put in a Pioneer head unit. Get rid of 6 disc changer. I would like to use the factory sub, but I guess I don't have to. If I get new 6x8 speakers for the doors, that should give me some bass. Plus, the factory sub I have is dry rotted and just rattles. Can I just hook the head unit up like you normally would? Or do I have to do more to even do that? I've installed aftermarket stereos in my other cars (89 T-Bird, 88 Mustang GT, 88 Festiva) and those were all simple. My Explorer with this JBL crap has me worried.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.