In or Near Philadelphia?

RoadEnforcer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Just let me know, if anyone in or around Philly is interested in a little Xplorer get together.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would be, but it depends on when. i have a tight schedule for the rest of the spring.

I'm not so far away that I wouldn't come up for a weekend or maybe just a day trip...What exactly do we all DO on sport cruises, anyway?

I'm thinking big get together in the early summer to go to Hershey Park, if anybody's interested....

Dude I would be up for a day trip with some X buddies. I just got to actualy do something with my X :) its all stock so far (hey im 17 money doesnt come to me) :(. Yeah but a day trip in the summer would be cool with me.

Cant work during football season because its pretty much 7 days a week (malvern football ranked 7th on east coast 10-0) and right after that i go into 3 days a week of hockey, 2 days of training and 1 day of sat......... work doesnt really fit in..... i will work 5 days a week in the summer hopefully.

Originally posted by RoadEnforcer
Cant work during football season because its pretty much 7 days a week (malvern football ranked 7th on east coast 10-0) and right after that i go into 3 days a week of hockey, 2 days of training and 1 day of sat......... work doesnt really fit in..... i will work 5 days a week in the summer hopefully.

now youve gone and done it...would that be malvern prep? im forced to hate you by mere association! ;)
(j/k) i went to council rock and played ice hockey (graduated in 97), and my senior year we went to the flyers cup finals (for the AAA varsity bracket) and ended up losing the best of 3 series (2-1) to malvern. it did make me feel better, though, that malvern got knocked out in the state championships.

(*note: i dont really hate you, that would just be stupid; but i will bust your balls forever now :D )

Malvern Prep is correct sir. Hate me if you like... we still won, and us losing in states means you would have done worse. (im just messing around man) I am currently a junior at Malvern and i play Varsity-A and I have only been brought up for one AAA game. We are prob gonna win the Flyers Cup again this season. Its nice to be talking to another hockey player.

yeah, good luck, man.

I'm not exactly sure what a Sport truck cruise entails, but I would imagine that it's about a bunch of Explorers cruising from point A to B on a scenic route, with maybe a lunch and/or dinner thrown in, right? (what's the proper term for a grouping of Explorers? A Gang? A Herd? lol)

There's a small town called 'Jim Thorpe' that's not TOO far from Philly, I think. It's VERY scenic, although small....there's a few twisty mountain roads out there, as well as other historic towns that are built into the sides of mountains.....C'mon, guys, we can't let the Paragon gang have ALL the fun! I'm tired of getting put down by the 4wheelers! Hell, I'm even up for heading to a track and racing! We need ideas!!!

Originally posted by Spas
There's a small town called 'Jim Thorpe' that's not TOO far from Philly, I think. It's VERY scenic, although small....there's a few twisty mountain roads out there, as well as other historic towns that are built into the sides of mountains.

oh man. jim thorpe is when you go up the northeast extrension of the PA turnpike, right? thats shady around there, heh. i mean, its a lot of farmland. wouldnt we rather get together in a more "developed" area so people can look and envy all the nice explorers ;) rather than just show off for the cattle and hayfields?

spas, youre on the right track with what to do though. prolly meet somewhere, get to know everyone, check out everyones truck and i guess drive around a bit, then get something to eat....party at night? :D

wouldnt we rather get together in a more "developed" area so people can look and envy all the nice explorers rather than just show off for the cattle and hayfields?

Welllll, when you put it that way......LOL
There's always cow tipping :D J/k

I'm up for the riding, having y'all laugh at my "gt" emblem and partying ;) , but where to go? It's a pity you guys dont live closer to Maryland-I think Ocean City would be an excellent place to do all of the above, plus I bet we could all handle the sand dunes, no matter how lowered an X is. Im not too up to date on tourist attractions and/or hot spots in PA, so I'm open to whatever you guys wanna do, especially since you know the area better than me!

I'm new around here and would be interested in a little Explorer get-together. I live in northern Baltimore County.

YAYYYY!!!! Another Marylander!!! I'm not the only one anymore! Hallelujah! :bounce: Welcome, BBQMAN!

BBQ, I know this is the sport truck forum, but you ever consider taking a ride with the big boys? The EcX and X-Treme team are getting together for a run up in PA, at a place called Paragon....You don't have to take your Explorer out 'Wheelin' if you don't want to-the others don't mind ride-alongs. The thread is in the club runs forum (sorry to steal this thread out from under our discussion to have a meet for the sport trucks, but I'm trying to spread the word about the Paragon run so we'll have more than 2 people show up this time ;) )

Tbomb-I don't know how to post a link to the Paragon thread.....a little help please, pal?

Are you driving all the way out here from WI in your Explorer, Alpha?! (If you are--DAYMMMMN!)

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooo! All I have to say is:

LOTS OF CAFFIENE!!! ;)

Well, guys, it looks like Alpha just set the date for the cruise...we can't let her drive all the way out here and not check out her neons! I'm only an hour and a half from Allentown, so who's got a suggestion as to where we could all meet?

im about 30 mins from allentown, remember im up for any day trip to hang with any fellow explorers.... i wanna join that ECX just the site doesnt really load for me.... maybe by the time we will do something i will have more then blue dome lights and euro blue liscens plate lights ha..... well i have about $1100 bucks now i just need to figure out whats cracking with the sub and amp i want.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back