Wanted - INFO: stock/aftermarket suspension | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted INFO: stock/aftermarket suspension

Parts or services wanted
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Elsinore California
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 EB
Ok so i know this section is for modified explorers....mine is some what modified i have a 2" body lift not sure of the tire and rim size but they are fairly bigger than stock.....my question is.....how do i get the most travel out of my stock suspension?

eventually i would like to get an aftermarket suspension lift but when i called 4wheel parts the one they could get me started out at 4inches and it would have cost me 1,165.00....however for 1 that is a higher lift than i want and for 2 thats wayyyy more than i want to spend....any suggestions on a brand or any one on here selling a kit?:exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With a two inch body lift, two inches suspension lift would be a total of four inches.

two inches of suspension lift up front is about the max with getting expensive. It's basically a set of springs, or using stuff to space the bottom of the existing spring.

The rear is often boosted two inches with shackles, or an add a leaf, there's several options for the back.

Look around in the offroad section (link below), and play around with the search utilities, there's tons of info here.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

thanks spicy.....imma add some pics of my rig

for more travel disconnect the sway bar and put f250 shock mounts and longer shocks that would help and if its lifted 4" or more in the suspension get some longer radius arms and longer/flexier coil springs thats about all you will need. i have 12 or something inch of travel up front
dont forget brake lines too

94g...is there any step by step post's on this being done?

Also when I say "travel" I guess I mean what you guys here on the forum call "flex"

Back