1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

inside door handle

Discussion in 'Bronco II' started by Doug 66, February 20, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Doug 66

Doug 66 New Member

City, State:
    hudson ill.
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 explorer
    My son just got a 90 b2 ,the inside passanger door handle just quit unlatching the door. The handle works on the outside of the door. I took the door card off and can see the rod move when i pull the handle and it moves the mechanism but im not sure if it moves enough ive never worked on door latch before .

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. janderson4010

janderson4010 Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    third boxcar, midnight train
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    86 BII
    can you get your hand in there to see if you can make the mechanism work when you push the spot where the little rod connects? that should tell you if the mechanism is bad, also does the rod look bent or anything like that? good luck man.