Installed lowering keys... now leans to the right | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installed lowering keys... now leans to the right

Kingt816

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer
Just finished lowering my '00 ex 3" in the front (which yes it's an awd and yes I know that will prematurely wear my cv joints) but the problem is now I have to turn the wheel almost a quarter turn to the left to drive in a straight line. I was just wondering if anyone has a reason as to why this is and any quick fixes to this problem; other than raise it of course

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you need to do a alignment after dropping or lifting them because you have changed the geometry of the suspension

Update on the situation:

I knew all along I'd need to get camber kits for both sides, but I can't wait for them to come in the mail. A friend of mine's dad told me that if I were to get the tie rods shortened this would fix my camber issue; does anyone have any idea if this would actually work? I'd rather have that done in a day or two than wait weeks for parts to come in the mail, even if it is more $$

the kits are the way to fix the alignment, you move the upper control arms for camber , not the tie rods

tie rods you adjust, they are the length they are cause in the cycle from the bottom of the suspension travel to the top of the travel they only need to be adjusted a small amount to maintain proper toe,,

Back