1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Installed the Diamondcut Headlights today.

Discussion in 'Performance Lighting' started by GTO2050, December 5, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. GTO2050

GTO2050 New Member

City, State:
      Pequannock, NJ
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      96 Eddie Bauer
      Not too bad of a project. The toughest part is the lack of pictures of where all the release points are located. I could not figure out how to remove the grill by removing the marker lights. I just couldn't see it. Then I saw the two Philips head screws under the plastic cover across the top of the grill. Once I took those out I realized the lights were just being held by the harnesses and the two plastic pins on the back. Once they were off, I could see how to remove the grill and ultimately get the lights out. The screw behind the marker lights was the easy out at this point. I reused the origianl mounting points with the old pieces rather than use the new ones that came with the lights. I felt it was easier to re-aim that way. Anyway, it's done and I'll see how the moisture situation is before I fully close it all up. If it weren't for this forum I would never have even thought to do it. :confused:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Rodeo Joe

Rodeo Joe Elite Bostonian

City, State:
      Frankin, MA
      1997 XLT
      I still haven't got around to getting mine in. You mention these mounting points and the stock hardware for the headlight assemblies, others have talked of them also. What exactly are we talking about here? Any pics? I want to get this right the first time! :p

Joe

4. GTO2050

GTO2050 New Member

City, State:
      Pequannock, NJ
      96 Eddie Bauer
      The headlights have three mounting points and they are press-in fittings. They look easy to install but tough to remove. Later tonight I will try and post pix. You remove them by squeezing the tab that goes through the plastic housing.