1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Installing a KKM on 4.0 SOHC

Discussion in 'Modified Explorations!!' started by Afboy143, January 1, 2005.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Afboy143

Afboy143 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Tampa,FL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1999 Ford Explorer Sport
      Well I have been doing some homework here on the forums on how to install a KKM setup on my SOHC 4.0 engine. I have made a adapter in the past and it ran like shit after I installed it so I ended up putting the box back on. A few days ago i ordered a KKM type setup to try it again and after reading a post about how somebody ordered one and it ran like shit also reminds me of past bad experiences and leaves me asking questions

To install the KKM all you do in remove the factory air box and install the KKM adapter with filter? Are there any lines I need to plug? Vaccuums needed to capped off?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. X~FACTOR

X~FACTOR Name is Ray

City, State:
      Valley Stream, Long Island
      '97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
      Nope.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery but I guess you already knew that if you did your homework. ;)

4. spindlecone

spindlecone B

City, State:
      San Jose, Calif
      2003 sport trac
      All the lines, all the connectors should have a place to connect to, should be nothing to plug off, nothing to re-route, if what you get is user specific to your application, it is plug and play,for grins disconnect the neg terminal on the batt prior to the install