• Register Today It's free!

Installing New Speakers

X94_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer XLT 4x4
I get my new speakers tomorrow (6x8 Pioneer 3ways), and I was out trying to figure out how I'm gonna get my door panels off for tomorrow. I've read all those threads about having to pop off the 8 or 9 panel retainer things. Most people are saying you can do it with a screw driver, but I feel like i'm doing somethin wrong cause when I try it the damn things are hard as hell to get off. Is there some certain way how you are supposed to pop them off, or are you just supposed to get under them with the screw driver and push as hard as you can. Any advice or pictures ne one could give me would be helpful cause i'm hopin to put these things in tomorrow. One last thing, i was just wonderin what people thought of the Audiobahn 12" Loaded Ported Box at http://audiobahninc.com/prod/enc/ABV12X.htm . I'm tryin to figure out what sub to get. I'm probably gonna go with one good 12". I've also looked at the 12" Kicker CompVR 4-Ohm, and the Audiobahn 15" AW150XS. Any other good 12" subs that someone can recommend from www.millionbuy.com or www.thezeb.com for under about $125 would be helpful. I realize that's not a lot of money to spend, but i'm not looking to go too huge on my first system, i know too many people who have gotten theirs stolen, plus my Bill Gates salary of about $6.35 an hour doesn't cover all too many expenses. Thanks for the help guys.:D

I know you can get the tool to pop the clips at Autozone, Pep boys ect... It saves alot of agravation in the long run. If your not good at "poping" them with a screwdriver you may end up destroying the clips and possibly the panel. As far as the subs im not an expert on what to buy. I have a set of the mid priced 10"rockfords and im not too impressed with them. Im too interested in what the opinion of Audiobahn subs are.

Also, for the HU popping out clips, just cut up a metal hanger and use that, it saves you money.

Back