Installing stereo, knocked out cruise control and ac blower | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing stereo, knocked out cruise control and ac blower

Goldx

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer
I am installing a system in my 2005 Explorer, and I put my aftermarket head unit in and cranked it up my ac blower and cruise control seem to have no power now. Is there a fuse/relay for these that I could have blown or something?

Thanks for the help,
Josh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure how you could have blown fuses in these separte circuites.

The cruise control receives power from Fuses 40 and 45 under the hood. Also fuses 23 and 15 from inside fuse panel

The AC and blower motor gets power from Fuses 7, 30 and 10 under the hood. Also fuses 15, 36 and 37 from inside fuse panel.

The fuse numbering is from my Haynes manual. The fuse numbering and designations should be in your owners manual and may be more accurate.

Yeah, either you tapped the wrong wire or???? Did you use a harness adapter? I'm not sure how you'd knock out those circuits installing a stereo.

You probably cut the wrong wire. When I worked at a used car dealer a few years back some idiot did this to an 04 Expedition and then expected us to fix it under warranty.

The same thing happened to me theres no wires back there near the AC controls that you could confuse and cut. But anyways after i installed mine my AC would only blow out of the defroster and I have no idea what did it but suddenly everything started working again. Make sure all of the connections are good and tight. I have a feeling i just didnt plug in the clips all the way

Back