Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Installing stereo, knocked out cruise control and ac blower

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by Goldx, March 23, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Goldx

Goldx New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2005 Explorer
    I am installing a system in my 2005 Explorer, and I put my aftermarket head unit in and cranked it up my ac blower and cruise control seem to have no power now. Is there a fuse/relay for these that I could have blown or something?

Thanks for the help,
    Josh

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. FordFool2

FordFool2 Active Member

City, State:
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    04 Eddie Bauer & 13 Ltd
    Not sure how you could have blown fuses in these separte circuites.

The cruise control receives power from Fuses 40 and 45 under the hood. Also fuses 23 and 15 from inside fuse panel

The AC and blower motor gets power from Fuses 7, 30 and 10 under the hood. Also fuses 15, 36 and 37 from inside fuse panel.

The fuse numbering is from my Haynes manual. The fuse numbering and designations should be in your owners manual and may be more accurate.

4. Hdale85

Hdale85 Member

City, State:
    NE Ohio
    2002 Ford Explorer XLT
    Yeah, either you tapped the wrong wire or???? Did you use a harness adapter? I'm not sure how you'd knock out those circuits installing a stereo.

5. shadowless127

shadowless127 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Long Island, NY
    '01 EB AWD 5.0
    You probably cut the wrong wire. When I worked at a used car dealer a few years back some idiot did this to an 04 Expedition and then expected us to fix it under warranty.

6. Teejay4490

Teejay4490 Active Member

City, State:
    Tallahassee, Florida
    02 XLT 4x4
    The same thing happened to me theres no wires back there near the AC controls that you could confuse and cut. But anyways after i installed mine my AC would only blow out of the defroster and I have no idea what did it but suddenly everything started working again. Make sure all of the connections are good and tight. I have a feeling i just didnt plug in the clips all the way