Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Intake Manifold Firewall Bolt Stripped

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by MistahYebba, November 3, 2018.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. MistahYebba

MistahYebba Active Member

City, State:
    Clearwater, Florida
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2005 Ford Explorer XLT
    I am working on my 2005 Ford Explorer XLT to change the fuel pressure and temperature sensor which is under the upper half of the intake manifold.

Based on what I have discovered, there are 8 total T30 Torx head bolts securing the upper half of the intake manifold.

I managed to get off 6 of them easily.

Leaving 2 of them still, which got stripped.

One of them I was able to get out with a screw extractor...

The last one (#8) is the one in the very back near the firewall.

I think I gave it too strong of a crank and I must have not been perfectly centered on it.

I don't know my options, because there is much less room to work with than the other one that was stripped.

Suggestions?

Last edited: November 3, 2018
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

We Support Our Troops!