Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Intake Manifold GAskets

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Jimmyc1961, July 9, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Jimmyc1961

Jimmyc1961 New Member

City, State:
      Walkerton Ontario
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 explorer - I found a coolant leak at the front d/s corner of the lower intake manifold where it bolts to the head, i am hoping it is just a gasket, i have purchased a gasket kit, have been reading some other posts of guys that have done this job but wanted to ask one thing, is it possible to remove the lower intake manifold with the upper intake still attached? as long as everything is diconnected it looks like i can. another concern is the fuel injectors, does not sound like i have to do anything with these right?
      thanx
      jc

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.