Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Intake tube question with pics

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by Masterd, July 25, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Masterd

Masterd Active Member

City, State:
      Upland, CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1993 Explorer Sport
      So Ive been having a weird problem lately where under certain situations, my throttle sticks open and the only way to unstick it while driving is to pump the pedal 3-4 times. Well upon further inspection, I found that these two rubber pieces have deteriorated on the throttle body side of the intake tube, and one was actually interfering with the throttle plate. So I pulled them out and tightened down the clamp, and it seems to be fine without the "gasket" but I was wondering if there was a way to replace just the two rubber pieces??? Or do I just bite the bullet and do the intake tube as one piece?

[​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Jason94sport

Jason94sport Well-Known Member

City, State:
      South FL
      02 Sport 2WD 5 speed
      It's fine. As long as it's tight around the TB opening. Mine did the same thing on 2 94's. And my current 93 is starting to rip apart. Your only going to find them used & will likely be in the same shape or get ripped apart again.

4. mehedgec

mehedgec Active Member

'93 XLT
      Every time I hit the junk yard I pick up any of those in good shape I find.