IntelliSens UVS3040 TPMS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IntelliSens UVS3040 TPMS

So my old tpms sensors were getting past their life and they were replaced with UVS3040 and programmed by a basically competent tire place.

They seem to work ok, but not 100%. I get tire sensor faults, so looking for ideas. In one case, they tend to trip about 20 minutes into a regular trip so to me, means possibly a receiver interference (one trigger for the fault is apparently 1 or more not reporting for 20 minutes.)

Also, is the receiver in a 2007 explorer in or beat the passenger footwell or? I have a lot of rf experience and test equipment, so might go on a hunt to see if something is squealing at 315-ish MHZ like an inverter or some dried up caps and maybe add some bypassing. (I do RF for a living).

Vehicle also has a high end gps head unit, and 1600W rms in 2 amplifiers fed with a 20F cap, all with their own inverters as well, so ugh. Given the age I assume electrolytics could be drying up there as well (as opposed to usual suspects [chargers/dashcam/cigerette lighter accys)

Gonna try a couple trips at "electrical minimum", no toys on, no chargers, bluetooth off, etc and see if there is any change. Today was particularly bad, managed to trigger the fault 3 times. Tires and sensors are new, and its not low pressure, it's sensor fault.

http://www.products.intellisens.com/Details/SensorDetails/uvs3040

Ehhh, I'm not entirely convinced yet, but possibly for future reference:

I also had a noisy rear wheel bearing and replaced both sides (because...even the quiet one will be no prize at this point.)

Anyway, I have not had a TPMS sensor error since, but it's still early. The bearing was noisy but not wickedly bad (not chewed up and super loose or anything.) But maybe the ruble was freaking the sensor/receiver out or this is a red herring and now posted that it might have gone away, I'll get the error 9 times on the way home tonight.

Last few hundred miles: New tires (Mich LTX m/s), sensors, rotors, pads (including parking), rear wheel bearings.

Back