Interesting engine thumping Noise at 62k: | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interesting engine thumping Noise at 62k:

Hey Jeff, Looks like from previous thread you have about 83k on your ride. I am about 20k less. I will let you know as mine is in later today. As soon as I hear something I will post up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I brought mine into the dealer this morning and they just called and informed my that my timing chain is stretched and a guide for it is broken. They recommended a new chain, guide, and water pump for a total of about $3000. I still hope to hear from anyone else to see if they got the same diagnosis.
Sorry to hear of this. Do you know if they opened your engine up or based on the noise diagnoses?

Sorry to hear of this. Do you know if they opened your engine up or based on the noise diagnoses?
I'm not sure how they diagnosed it. I was in the middle of a project at work when he called. I will find out more when I call later.

Hey Jeff, Looks like from previous thread you have about 83k on your ride. I am about 20k less. I will let you know as mine is in later today. As soon as I hear something I will post up.
That would be great. I'm interested to hear what your mechanic finds.

I'm not sure how they diagnosed it. I was in the middle of a project at work when he called. I will find out more when I call later.
Thanks. Maybe I should bring in too.
I have been having this for about a year now. Only happens on cold starts.

Back