Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

iphones won't connect -- bluetooth prob?

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by stlrugger, April 9, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. stlrugger

stlrugger New Member

City, State:
    St. Louis
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2012 XLT
    I have a 2012 XLT. I installed the MFT update in late march, and have come to appreciate the improvements that were made.

However, last week, my Iphone 4 stopped being recognized automatically. I tried to do a manual connection, but it wouldn't connect. I did a hard reset of my phone, but that didn't help.

I then deleted my phone from the list and tried to establish a new connection, but when I try to pair them I immediately get an error message telling me that the pairing failed.

My wife's iphone won't connect via bluetooth either, which leads me to suspect that the vehicle's bluetooth is not working. Both our phones, as well as the kids' ipods will connect via cable, but there's not any hands-free function.

Anyone have any ideas about how to reset the bluetooth or otherwise troubleshoot this?

2. Support EF

Special! - 2 Year Elite membership now through July 24 $20!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Laurajeremy

Laurajeremy New Member

2012 XLT
    I just went thru this an hour ago at the dealer after doing a master reset
    We were both baffled as last week it paired instantly. Fixed it by shutting off car, opening door and starting over. Make sure the phone is deleted from the car (under bluetooth devices) and start the process of pairing it. Pain in the arse but we got it connected back to how it was.
    Hope that helps

4. smithj33

smithj33 New Member

City, State:
    Austin, Texas
    2012 Explorer XLT
    Also delete the pairing from the iphone. I had to do that as well.