Is a 4.0 (ohv) to much for 7.5 rear end? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is a 4.0 (ohv) to much for 7.5 rear end?

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Is it to much power for it? I mean it's only a extra 40hp or something right? :rolleyes:

This would be for a older ranger '85 7.5 and a 96 4.0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it should be fine. My friend has a V-6 mustang that came 190 hp stock and has a 7.5 axle in it.

I'd probably be ok, i wouldnt wheel it. though you're going to have to convert from disc to drum which is a step back...

Stic, you can have the 8.8 that Felix is holding for me. :) This is the project you wanted it for, I take it. Your sister's truck? All I ask is you put up a pic like we all wanted! ;) :D

RangerX said:
Stic, you can have the 8.8 that Felix is holding for me. :) This is the project you wanted it for, I take it. Your sister's truck? All I ask is you put up a pic like we all wanted! ;) :D
When will the axle be ready ? And it will have L/s right?

because then I can stop screwing with this 7.5 :mad:

He still has it, it's taking up space in his garage. I don't know about L/S or not. Get ahold of him. :thumbsup:

RangerX said:
He still has it, it's taking up space in his garage. I don't know about L/S or not. Get ahold of him. :thumbsup:
has has L/S in it.

my question was when were you going to put his axle in your truck? so I get your axle :D

your's will bolt right up! ;) but i'm sure you wanna switch guts first

I don't know when I would get to it. So that's why I figured you could get his axle like you originally wanted. You're ready, i'm not, there will be other 8.8's coming along...

RangerX said:
I don't know when I would get to it. So that's why I figured you could get his axle like you originally wanted. You're ready, i'm not, there will be other 8.8's coming along...

I know put it's to much work to throw it the ranger I'm doing. It's basicly stock :rolleyes: If I was going to do something else with the truck I would say other wise. I didn't relize that the Ex axle was wider originaly :(

But thanks Bill

Back