is possible install wheel hubs Ranger 98 in Explorer 98 to convert manual locking Hubs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

is possible install wheel hubs Ranger 98 in Explorer 98 to convert manual locking Hubs

kelme37

Reaction score
City, State
mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 99
Greetings from mexico sorry for my bad english I own 98 ford Explorer and would like to adapt manual locking hubs is possible to install 98 Ranger wheel hubs and cv axle in Explorer to turn in to manual locking hubs I have seen that the parts are very similar someone has made this conversion or know if it is possible to do it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, it's definitely been done here before. I don't have a parts list, but there have been references to the conversion for sure .

Yes, it's definitely been done here before. I don't have a parts list, but there have been references to the conversion for sure .
thank you friend had many doubts when he bought the explorer I think he was right and I will start looking for the pieces for the conversion

Yes ive done it several times , AVM hubs , 98/00 unitberrings , halfshafts, seals , circlips, i would not do this with cheap parts , and id not do it without first foing a manual t-case swap

I hate those 98-99 Ranger vacuum hubs
Tthe aftermarket units do not seem to hold up very well!!! They fall off and fail to lock...
I know its possible but of the hubs cant hold up then it seems like a bad idea

Mine have held up and performed very well , i dont rock crawl or anything that abusive but i have used them in muddy fields and snow , also i have pulled some pretty crazy weight in 4wd with the 4406 in low range and the 5.0 screaming lol, i do keep them under the stock center hubcaps , keeps them clean dry and safe

Back