is there a rev limiter on the 03 tracs!? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

is there a rev limiter on the 03 tracs!?

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey fellas, i finally got around to putting a brand new rubber elbow on that infamous vacum line and when i started up my trac i stepped on the gas and revved it a bit to see if it was on right. ive never revved my trac while in park before, i usually avoid doing that, but i noticed when i stepped on the gas and got to about 4000 rpm's, it topped out there and wouldnt rev higher. so my question is whether our tracs have some sort of rev limite? btw, i have a 2003 xlt. i tried a search but didnt come up with anything. thanks fellas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, so that's right foot happy people don't earn the nickname "Exploder".

Almost every vehicle that has computer engine controls has a rev limiter function.

Ford wanted to hide the power of the 4.0 SOHC from other midsize truck competitors until the witnessed it in person!

Newer ones do. Pretty sure my 97 will tach out while in park.

I know our '02 Ranger had one but the '03 ex we traded for I can red line it in park. I dont know why or what if any thing is wrong but it will. I found that out by accident one day while working under the dash. I had the wife to start it and I moved which caused my shoulder to push the gas and my wife said it hit 5,000 before I moved. Thinking she was seeing things I tried it after I got up and sure enough it will red line.

Back