Is there a way to show speed limit all the time? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there a way to show speed limit all the time?

driver4523

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 - Ford Explorer Limi
I noticed the other day while I was on a route that the GPS showed the speed limit of the road I was on. This is a great feature!

Is there any way I can show the speed limit on the home screen (or the display in front of the steering wheel) all the time, even when I don't have a route plugged into my gps?

It would be very useful to be able to see that info all the time while I'm driving around.

If you keep the rt. drivers display on Nav, it will show the street you're on and the current speed limit, if it is provided with the map/street info.

On MFT if a particular view shows the speed limit as a number or as a sign,
the same applies, it shows when the info is included in the map data.

As far as I can tell, the speed limit display is not dynamic, it isnt real time from the GPS but is a graphic within the map-its stored data, not live data.

You can see this when using roads recently renovated or built and posted limits are new, & on smaller roads your Nav may say 30mph but the actual posted limit is 35 or something more updated than the A4 map data disk.

Same on some hiways where Nav says 55 but posted limit was updated to

Where I am the small speed limit sign seems to only appear on highways. Very seldom, if at all do I see it on city or other roads. Like LukerDooker said, it isn't a real time display. That is what the roadside traffic signs are for.;)

Peter

Back