1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Is this how everyone thinks or just this butthead

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by LOGJOCKY, January 1, 2005.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. LOGJOCKY

LOGJOCKY Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Leduc, Alberta
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1994 EXPLORER XLT
      This was printed in my local paper recently, it deals with gay issues so if u are uncomfortable with that leave now

I dissagree with Mr. Dascavich that the supreme court of canada and the liberal governments agaenda to force homosexual pseudo marriage on us is not a major issue of concern.
      Perhaps its not a major issue to him. I would encourage him to take a look at so many of canadas children being raised without parents, especially dads; and take the time to think about what marriage is. Think about what it means for children; ie: common-law relationships, often having multiple dads in their young lives but never having their real dad, except mabye for a weekend if they're lucky.
      Then he should think about gods plan for marriage; the plan which predates his modern and supposedly enlightened thinking. Think about a mom and a dad making a life-long commitment, complete with vows and sticking them out for society's good, their childrens good, and ultimatley their own good.
      Mr. Dascavich should also take the time to critically think about homosexuality. i know this is not a pleasant topic or something someone wants to think about before going to bed at night. Given tje bias in the media coverage on homosexuality in general, I cant blame Mr. Dascavich for thinking about weapons in space and not the downside of the homosexual lifestyle. The national media and our primeminister has done canadians a huge disservice in avoiding the issue of what homosexuality is, in favour of an abstract and untrue argument that homosexual marriage is a charter right. Actually for the record, Svend robinson tried to get the euphemism for a right to commit homosexual acts into the charter under the phrase"sexual orientation" but he failed.
      Homosexual marriage licenses will not make the homosexual lifestyle healthier for the homosexuals. They will give homosexual activists another look to argue for the legitimacy of their sexual practices and overall agenda the public arena.
      The average homosexual in canada will still have a 30% chance of being HIV positive or dead by the age of 30. Most homosexuals will never have a lon term pseudo marriage, though i have confidance the CBC will over look the thousands of lonely, sick and broken hearted homosexuals to parade a healthy looking homosexual "married" couple on our tv screens and give us false impression that monogomous "marriages" are the norm. The sad truth is multiple partners, disease, lonlieness, and yes, death is the norm in the not so gay lifestyle.
      And finally i say kudos to ron gray, leader of the CHP, and his insightful letter on the wrongness of the court imposed homosexual marriage. He is right to urge canadians to speak up and stand for their traditional definition of marriage. I would only add in addition to standing for marriage we must have compassion for those in the homosexual lifestyle. we cant give in to the destructive demands of the homosexual activists. We can move debate where the liberal left does not want it to go and offer hope to suffering homosexuals who want out of the lifestyle which is killing them. The debate should not move the question, are men and women born with an unchangable genetic predisposition to commit homosexual acts with no hope of giving up these practices? I say this is not the case
      Homosexuality is a behavior that can be changed, though it takes hard work and sometimes failures before breaking free. I have been blessed to meet ex-gay men and women. You wont see them on CBC but they do populate our churches and workplaces. One fellow i know has left the homosexual lifestyle and is truly married, and has five children. Change is possible, this hope can be offered, and this is where the debate must go.

I have many many comments to this article in which the paper will not let anyone respond to, but id like to see if everyone is like this guy before i say anything.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. odxtoxic

odxtoxic Active Member

City, State:
      Windom, MN
      '00 Merc. Mounty
      i agree what most that is being said

you dont see straight people parading in the street because of their sexuality prefrence, if these homosexual activists just would settle down and understand marrage is reserved for one man and one woman i dont think we'd come across this problem

4. LOGJOCKY

City, State:
      Leduc, Alberta
      1994 EXPLORER XLT
      but you do see straight people making out on the streets and nobody cares about that. And i dont know where u live but we dont parade down the street cause were gay. if u are referring to a pride parade then yeah once a year we do, if u dont like it dont go.

5. ExplorerSportNu

ExplorerSportNu Well-Known Member

City, State:
      St.Louis - MO
      95 Sport/ExpeditionPkg
      Trust me I won't ;)

6. huskyfan23

huskyfan23 Rah no Hans Bwix

City, State:
      WA
      1994 XLT 4x4
      It would be nice to see the article he was responding to... I disagree with what this guy says. I don't see how it would even be legal to ban gay marriage, and legalizing it shouldn't upset those that are nonprejudice. Everything nowadays is god this and god that. God has no place in the government so that isn't a valid reason of why these marriages should be illegal. This guy thinks like much of the United States. Ever hear of the Million Man March? African Americans had to fight for their freedom and equality, this is along the same lines. If the world wasn't so hateful it would be a much safer and happier place, too bad people like this guy are in such huge numbers. Let people live happily and the way they want. The government should not be regulating it.

7. Iowa Hick

Iowa Hick Active Member

City, State:
      Bloomfield, IA
      1995 Eddie Bauer
      I agree with alot of what he said, but it doesn't seem to me that he has made any new points that weren't made several times on several occasions in the old Politics forum of this site. Granted he did a fairly poor job making his case, but I agree with most of the conclusions even if the logic he uses to get there isn't the best.

Is there anything in particular about this letter that bothers you more than when others have made the same or similar points in the past? I don't know if I am missing something or not.

8. LOGJOCKY

City, State:
      Leduc, Alberta
      1994 EXPLORER XLT
      It is not so much about the whole gay marriage thing because we got a huge post on that already, he says that shouldnt be the argument, that gay is a habit and can be broken, if u know anyone who is gay u know that is crap. He says that the homosexual lifestyle is all sex and no relationship, again if u aint gay u wont know. I know plenty of girls and guys who are "players" and have sex wth anything that moves but still it remains to be a gay issue and not an issue at a whole. He also says that the homosexual lifestyle is killing gays...how so, i am fine and very happy...mabe it is that mystical gay fungus that groes between ur feet...uh-hu. This guy as well as most people out there dont know squat about being gay or the gay lifestyle and yet they seem to have all the answers on how to solve the "so called" problem that being gay is to society. I am certain everything this guy knows about homosexuals he learned from tv or a book, unless u are out there and u see what is happening, u dont know. if homosexuals are that big of a concern to everyone who is so small minded that u cant except them for who they are, then lets round em all up and get rid of em. problem solved, right. Or better yet, do like this guy said, make them all straight, try it, u will fail miserably. There are alot of other things people need to worry about then gay issues, but they are too busy bitching they forget about all of that

9. huskyfan23

huskyfan23 Rah no Hans Bwix

City, State:
      WA
      1994 XLT 4x4
      Ha.. wonder if I missed that last part? I've been taught you are born either straight or gay. Sure you won't tell right when the child is born, but eventually. Any open-minded individual can understand this. The little story about the guy that became straight and now has a family and blah, blah could just be a BS story to try and prove his theory. Sure things like that happen, but if they were once gay doesn't that make them bisexual? Who's to say he doesn't think sexually about other men or is engaging in those acts? It always pisses me off when people try to or urge the government to take away someone's personal freedoms.

10. LOGJOCKY

City, State:
      Leduc, Alberta
      1994 EXPLORER XLT
      I can guarantee you that u will know if u are gay or not. I cant say weather the parents will know or not till you tell them, but u are when u are born...you dont suddenly wake up and think...im gonna have guy sex from now on. Anyone who suddenly becomes not gay, wasnt gay in the first place, he was bi and likes both but was on a guy binge. i know alot of guys like this. One has been with guys for 7 months now but he still has sex with girls. It also works the other way. My boss had her dad come "out" when she was 13 cause he couldnt hide anymore, and he shouldnt have had to anyways. Gay people have kids, girlfriends, whatever...been there done that. SOme do try to hide it and they can for awhile but 99% cant do it all their life. If everyone worried about actual important issues they wouldnt have to hide and they could be themselves.

11. jeff96

jeff96 Active Member

City, State:
      Fayetteville, NC
      03 Ninja 636, 96 Ex Sport
      I don't have a problem with people being homosexual, but they are still going to hell.

12. Iowa Hick

Iowa Hick Active Member

City, State:
      Bloomfield, IA
      1995 Eddie Bauer
      I believe that homosexuality is a choice, although I don't believe that it is a conscious choice. As far as homosexuals being more promiscuous or more prone to health problems, I wouldn't have a clue. I do agree with you that promiscuity is big problem among heterosexuals.

I think you need to understand that in order for a Christian to accept that homosexuality is a condition not a choice, they must reject what God has said. If they reject part of what God has said then they must reject all of what God has said. They must therefore reject God. You are right that I haven't had much interaction with homosexuals, but I have seen enough personal evidence to prove to me that really God is my heavenly Father. I could never reject God, so I can never accept homosexuality as a moral lifestyle. That does not mean that a homosexual is any worse of a person than I am, it just means they have different sins to overcome than I do.

13. LOGJOCKY

City, State:
      Leduc, Alberta
      1994 EXPLORER XLT
      If it was a choise why would so many not just change with all the problems and harrasment you have to go through and overcome. If it was a choice no one would be gay. You will know very young if u are or ur not. As for going to hell, thats a belief you hold, not me. I gave up a very long time ago on heaven and hell. And I am very happy for doing so. I dont care what u practice or what u believe, nor should u care what i believe.

14. BeauJ

BeauJ Moderator Emeritus

I know gay people that are against marriage. I'm not saying all are, but the ones I've talked to about it don't want it. They just don't think it's right. A lot of the people wanting to get married don't even want the title, they just want the reeps of the tax benefits and breaks.

15. alfcapone

alfcapone Active Member

City, State:
      Sweden
      Vw passat estate
      Its too bad that people have such big problems with being a christian and not look at the bible as law, as far as im consernd i look at the bible as a story with tru parts and fiction parts, and you dont have to always act acording to what the Bible says.
      If that was the case it would not be that big of an issue having sex with animals, right?
      The guy who wrote that article is stoopid.

16. woodychitwn

woodychitwn Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Chicago, Illinois
      1994 Limited
      :D

17. woodychitwn

woodychitwn Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Chicago, Illinois
      1994 Limited
      Not to be harsh, but this whole thread is just a re-hash of a closed forum. LogJocky, people who you don't know hate you for something you can't change. Yes, it sucks. I felt the same bitterness in my late teens and early 20's.

Unfortunately you can't change everyone's mind overnight. However, the fabled "gay agenda" is working hard at incorporating gay people into everyone's day-to-day lives. In television, movies and the news, we're slowly changing the world's opinion of gay people. And we're doing it with much more finesse and in less time than blacks, women and every oppressed group that came before. It's all just a matter of time. Kids growing up today see gay people everywhere and they're growing up unable to understand why we should be treated differently. And ultimately the generation that is in power will give way to a younger, more open-minded generation who will help make changes.

Time heals all wounds. In the meantime, try to accept that anyone who persecutes you has done more to ensure the demise of their own beliefs than anything the "gay agenda" could ever accomplish. In the end, nobody likes the holier-than-thou oppressors.

18. MyExpWork

MyExpWork Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Camarillo, CA
      1991 4-door 4X4 XLT
      After discussing this subject many times on several different boards I have come to the determination that being homosexual is not a choice. I have learned that "they" have wished to be straight, but still find the same sex more attractive. Some have struggled to be straight and prayed to be straight, but they were not. However, I do think that certain social environments can affect whether you are gay or straight, but for the most part I don't beleive it was a choice they made.

Further, if we are supposed to live in a free society where everyone is born free and should have the same rights as any other person, then why shouldn't a gay couple be able to get married? Are they second class citizens? Are straight people better then them?

I was once one of the biggest advocates against gay marriage, but after many, many hours discussing this topic with homosexual people, I have since changed my mind.

I personally have no problem with homosexuals. My wifes uncle was gay (deceased), yes due to complications with his lifestyle (he was 50 or so). But I always told my wife that he was my favorite of all her family.

19. Stephen

Stephen Moderator In Memoriam Elite In Memoriam

City, State:
      Annapolis, MD
      '97 Limited
      Lets not.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.